• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Husqvarna/KTM 300 Thermostat Plumbing

H
Sep 5, 2019
Does anyone have any pictures of how they plumbed a thermostat into their 300. I know thermobob has a specific setup, but i already have an avid setup and dont wanna spend more than i already have. Very minimal space there, just looking for some ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
What year bike? I put the thermobob specific fit one on my 18 and it fits nicely but still super tight between the tank and the radiator.

R
Jan 28, 2018
I put an Avid thermostat and carb heater on my 300 last year. It is a snug fit but it worked really well, I also plumbed in a set of Raze heated bars as well. I’ve got some photos so I’ll try and post them for you. My computer skills are very poor so I might have to get one of the techs from work to do it for me. If you have any questions just ask.

H
Sep 5, 2019
I put an Avid thermostat and carb heater on my 300 last year. It is a snug fit but it worked really well, I also plumbed in a set of Raze heated bars as well. I’ve got some photos so I’ll try and post them for you. My computer skills are very poor so I might have to get one of the techs from work to do it for me. If you have any questions just ask.

How did the heated bars work with carb heat? Enough heat? What temp tstat?

R
Jan 28, 2018
How did the heated bars work with carb heat? Enough heat? What temp tstat?
The heated bars worked so well I had to constantly turn them down as they got to hot. I’m not sure about the temp of the stat it was what avid sent out as stock for a 2 stroke. All season I had my carb heater turned off as it was heating the fuel and causing problems. I completely wraped the engine and most of the exhaust with a high temperature silicone welding blanket, it kept the engine warm enough that the carb heater wasn’t needed all winter.

R
Jan 28, 2018
The heated bars worked so well I had to constantly turn them down as they got to hot. I’m not sure about the temp of the stat it was what avid sent out as stock for a 2 stroke. All season I had my carb heater turned off as it was heating the fuel and causing problems. I completely wraped the engine and most of the exhaust with a high temperature silicone welding blanket, it kept the engine warm enough that the carb heater wasn’t needed all winter.
If you are looking to make your own engine cover the product you want is Hi Temp R51 welding blanket. Amazon sells a 5ft square tarp of this material for about 100 USD. Buy a cheap do it yourself grommet kit and some ball bungees and you’ll have a great cover.

H
Sep 5, 2019
If you are looking to make your own engine cover the product you want is Hi Temp R51 welding blanket. Amazon sells a 5ft square tarp of this material for about 100 USD. Buy a cheap do it yourself grommet kit and some ball bungees and you’ll have a great cover.

I run SXS products. They cover the engine at all necessary spots and the owner is a straight badass. Take a look at the summer and winter products. Jon is a legend in the racing community and a really great guy. I will back his product until the day i die.

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
does the tank fit without pushing it against the radiator? Heated bars work OK with a 130 deg thermostat, but dont do a whole lot until you get it warmer. I got a 160 deg for my thermobo that im going to try this season for the bars sake. Im sure I will bypass most if not all of that past the carb unless its extremely cold.

H
Sep 5, 2019
does the tank fit without pushing it against the radiator? Heated bars work OK with a 130 deg thermostat, but dont do a whole lot until you get it warmer. I got a 160 deg for my thermobo that im going to try this season for the bars sake. Im sure I will bypass most if not all of that past the carb unless its extremely cold.

With some good fidget work and angle play it fits well without touching. I will add rhino mat to spots that seem close just In case but am comfortable with how it is. Avid sent me a 145° tstat I’m pretty stoked on for the carb heat and bars. I’ll give more updates as time keeps coming.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Have found that those aluminum t stats can rattle around a lot and damage the rads. if you can secure it from moving, that helps a lot.

would advise being real carefull putting the hose clamp on where it goes into the frame and getting the coolant real hot and test that connection in the garage before you ride it. it really sucks when it lets go.

Premium Features