• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum update issues topic

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
.after trying to search using the blue search box at the top of the page and getting site wide results instead of the particular parts section I want to search in . ..how the heck do you search just the page or section your on???? . .like we used to have just the little box up on the right and ya entered your search query and bingo bango ..results. . . . .???????? . .for just the page you were searching on . . .???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Tried Tapa for the first time.
Can't open multiple tabs, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Also, when using Chrome, can I shut off the Tapa reminder that shows up on EVERY thread I view?
Sorry about that.
I just upgraded our Tapatalk Server Account.
Let me know if that Banner ad is GONE now?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I listed parts for sale and was contacted through facebook because the buyer had said he couldn't message me.
.after trying to search using the blue search box at the top of the page and getting site wide results instead of the particular parts section I want to search in . ..how the heck do you search just the page or section your on???? . .like we used to have just the little box up on the right and ya entered your search query and bingo bango ..results. . . . .???????? . .for just the page you were searching on . . .???

When you go to the search box and it opens up, chose the ADVANCED OPTION
That will give you more control over your search.

search.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

This is the better screen for searching threads
search 2.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
How do I set my browser to view more than 20 posts per page?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yes, I would like to see that. I never had that stupid banner across the bottom before... Doesn't change the fact that all of these ads are a result of your greed and contribute NOTHING to the forum. Besides, it just looks like **** with all of the ads you have added over the years.

here is a shot of the BOTTOM of the old forum.
The forum is still "alive" but no longer allows end user access.
So this photo was taken a few moments ago.

You can clearly see BOTH base banner ads.
One inside the forum frame, and one larger one outside the forum frame.
They have both been there for YEARS..
bottom.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
How can you edit a thread in the classifieds (for sale) section? Delete or add photos?
As a Free Forum Member the time allowed for you to edit a Thread or Post is tightly limited.
Its been that way for the last 10 years.
Once you upgrade to Premium, those constraints are loosened considerably.
The issue was guys throwing grenades in their posts, causing a firestorm, then deleting the content and trying to act as those they never said it.

R
Sep 15, 2010
As a Free Forum Member the time allowed for you to edit a Thread or Post is tightly limited.
Its been that way for the last 10 years.
Once you upgrade to Premium, those constraints are loosened considerably.
The issue was guys throwing grenades in their posts, causing a firestorm, then deleting the content and trying to act as those they never said it.

Understandable

Premium Features