• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum update issues topic

admin1

Administrator
Staff member
May 31, 2007
The forums have been upgraded from VBulletin to Xenforo. Extensive testing was conducted before this switch, but due to the size of SnoWest, there will inevitably be minor bugs found.

- Search is currently being built, and results from the search function will be incomplete until the process is completed, an hour or two from now.

- If you find any bugs, please let me know here.

And FYI, Private Messages on this software are called "Conversations" and are functionally equivalent. You can message someone by clicking their avatar and select the start conversation line.

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Tried viewing "Browse Swapmeet" but all I get is this:

• If you see any problems with the new software, please report them here: this page
Oops! We ran into some problems.

The requested page could not be found.

Share this page
Share this page

II can view individual sections but I always like to see what's for sale or wanted in all categories incase I have something somebody wants (usually it's me wanting what somebody else has...)

So far things look great!!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Maybe the same thing wrtmani is talking about, but so far the "browse all" feature for subforums (like the Polaris section – I also tried it in Ski-Doo, and had the same results) is broken. I get the same "Oops! We ran into some problems." page when I click on it.

admin1

Administrator
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Working on the browse-all issue now and should have it functional soon.

It was a custom feature in the previous forum, not a stock function, so wasn't carried over automatically.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Great... the new forum has twice as many annoying ads as the old forum. You refer to this as an upgrade? To what, your pocketbook? Snowest... worse than ever, congratulations you greedy bastard, you CONTINUE to ruin what was once the best sled forum around.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
1. Can't figure out how to shut off the shoutbox so it doesn't come on every time I come to snowest. No interest in it soever-- its like the pointless and boring "last to post" threads.
2. The old directory was better-- much easier to sign in, and then go directly to an interest area, eg Skidoo Gen 4, Colorado (the dead thread, but I still look), fouled plug, or wherever. It appears to default to General, and yes I read that but want to pick when.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
Is there any way i can customize the forums that show up when i sign in? Like I only want to see snowbike and for sale threads?

Also the color of threads you have already read was light blue and new threads or ones that there was a new comment on were in bold and dark blue. Is that a feature you can add? Its just nice to see whats new and what isn't

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Great... the new forum has twice as many annoying ads as the old forum. You refer to this as an upgrade? To what, your pocketbook? Snowest... worse than ever, congratulations you greedy bastard, you CONTINUE to ruin what was once the best sled forum around.
For what its worth, there are EXACTLY the same number of ads in the same location of the same size as before.
No changes at all.
But

Upgrade to PREMIUM LIFETIME and I am pretty sure you WILL like the change...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
1. Can't figure out how to shut off the shoutbox so it doesn't come on every time I come to snowest. No interest in it soever-- its like the pointless and boring "last to post" threads.
2. The old directory was better-- much easier to sign in, and then go directly to an interest area, eg Skidoo Gen 4, Colorado (the dead thread, but I still look), fouled plug, or wherever. It appears to default to General, and yes I read that but want to pick when.
Have you tried playing with any of the SHOUTBOX CONTROLS???
Especially the MINIMIZE SHOUTBOX control????

shoutbox.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Okay, help me out here, because for the life of me I am not sure how to make this any simpler...

ski-doo.jpg

Premium Features