• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Intake options for 16 Fc450

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
Husky stock intakes are notoriously restrictive which works to advantage on snow. Leave the intake stock and cut 6-8 one inch holes in the airbox cover (do some searching online, I think it was mxa that did a full write up on this regarding location of holes) and cover the holes with frogzskin discs. Replace the air filter cage with a 250/300 2T cage without the backfire mesh, ditch the foam filter and use an outerwears prefilter. Jeff at PR2 racing sais the stock airbox makes more power than a pod and the setup described above, according to a bunch of posts on the Facebook TS forum, works well and doesn’t jam with snow. Not often you can spend less and make more power.

R
Sep 15, 2010
What are some air intake options for a 16 Husky FC450?

I designed some vents for the newer Husky side panels to address the lack of air flow to the airbox. I've been working with Frogzskin to get them made. I originally just drew up a set for the left side panel, Frogzskin inverted the drawings, so the vents can also be added to the right side panel as well. They have the vents made and are on the way to me. I have a picture of the left side panel with the vent design drawn on the panel, but this site won't upload the pic.
If anyone is interested in seeing the pic, PM me your cell # and I'll text the pic.
I hope to have them installed on the bike in the next week or so, then I'll provide pics of the final product installed on the bike to Frogzskin and anyone who'd like to see them.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Husky stock intakes are notoriously restrictive which works to advantage on snow. Leave the intake stock and cut 6-8 one inch holes in the airbox cover (do some searching online, I think it was mxa that did a full write up on this regarding location of holes) and cover the holes with frogzskin discs. Replace the air filter cage with a 250/300 2T cage without the backfire mesh, ditch the foam filter and use an outerwears prefilter. Jeff at PR2 racing sais the stock airbox makes more power than a pod and the setup described above, according to a bunch of posts on the Facebook TS forum, works well and doesn’t jam with snow. Not often you can spend less and make more power.
Sounds like a winning setup.

Avoid going to the Timbersled TSS intake, it is significantly more restrictive then the stock plenum and will greatly reduce top end power.

R
Sep 15, 2010
I designed some vents for the newer Husky side panels to address the lack of air flow to the airbox. I've been working with Frogzskin to get them made. I originally just drew up a set for the left side panel, Frogzskin inverted the drawings, so the vents can also be added to the right side panel as well. They have the vents made and are on the way to me. I have a picture of the left side panel with the vent design drawn on the panel, but this site won't upload the pic.
If anyone is interested in seeing the pic, PM me your cell # and I'll text the pic.
I hope to have them installed on the bike in the next week or so, then I'll provide pics of the final product installed on the bike to Frogzskin and anyone who'd like to see them.

I just received the vents from Frogzskin a few minutes ago, they turned out great IMO. I plan on getting them on the bike this weekend. I'm running a loudmouth intake with their snow bike pod style cage that uses an outerwear. Their setup retains the stock airbox, so no switching out the airbox for a whole new intake every season, just unclamp the cage and reinstall the filter. The Loudmouth Intake was expensive, but is a really nice piece. As with all snow bike goodies, you gotta pay to play!

R
Sep 15, 2010
Finally was able to upload a couple pics! These are the frogzskin vents I designed. They are available on their website for 19.95. Should fit all the late model 2 and 4 stroke enduros

20190812_192401.jpg 20190808_183123.jpg

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
Finally was able to upload a couple pics! These are the frogzskin vents I designed. They are available on their website for 19.95. Should fit all the late model 2 and 4 stroke enduros

Nicely done. I’ve already installed the 1” circle frogzskins, if I need more air flow I’ll go this route. Thanks for getting this done.

Premium Features