• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit X 850 Expert package Reviews

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Looked at the expert at west. Doo did more than any of the manufacturers this year. If you like the gen 4 you should love the expert.
You guys want people to come on here and give you the skinny and when they do you trash on them. They are here to push the positives. Should make sense if your not braindead. What if I told you I rode it? What good would that do. You don't know me or how I ride or what I like.

I totally agree...seems anyone wants to do these days is bash other people, brands etc. I think I started this post cause I’m having a hard time believing that it’s that much better than my current 165 850 x. The old sled will be going up for sale and snowchecking a expert for sure. The black/orange is growing on me.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
"I totally agree...seems anyone wants to do these days is bash other people, brands etc. I think I started this post cause I’m having a hard time believing that it’s that much better than my current 165 850 x. The old sled will be going up for sale and snowchecking a expert for sure. The black/orange is growing on me."

The best way and easiest way to describe the changes is they are more noticable and better than when the T3 package was added to the XM.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
"Is it going to come with a snow flap?"

Comes with the small snowflap that still cool better than both the other manufactures, it will run a bar or 2 higher and means as you should even now be running scratchers from the truck, we have over 35 feet of snow here so we get a lot, i run my scratchers down all the time, there is also and accesory snow flap that you can add to the expert that is coming. cheers dave

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
"I totally agree...seems anyone wants to do these days is bash other people, brands etc. I think I started this post cause I’m having a hard time believing that it’s that much better than my current 165 850 x. The old sled will be going up for sale and snowchecking a expert for sure. The black/orange is growing on me."

The best way and easiest way to describe the changes is they are more noticable and better than when the T3 package was added to the XM.
The xm to t3 was a really noticeable difference. If the new spindle and rubber gets rid of a bunch of the unwanted feedback or catchy jerkiness through the bars, it will be big.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The Doo ambassadors always will be biased. Every yr during a sled release the changes are a game changer , no matter how much changed. Best sled ever.

I've emailed Dave Narona with many questions over the years about sleds, accessories and riding areas. He's always been responsive, helpful and truthful with me.

No signs of bias from my experience over the years dealing directly with him.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Here is a better photo price is canadian

2ex820n.png

Last edited:

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I was in west also this weekend. Watched at least 20 people climb on the new "Expert" and mentions how much easier it was to turn, then climbed on the new Free Ride, and mention how easy it was to turn, then climb on the 175 and say wow this is way more difficult. Heard it alot, but no one ever seemed to look and see that they removed the carbides from the Expert and Free Ride, but the 175 still had them on.
Talk about some marketing.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I was in west also this weekend. Watched at least 20 people climb on the new "Expert" and mentions how much easier it was to turn, then climbed on the new Free Ride, and mention how easy it was to turn, then climb on the 175 and say wow this is way more difficult. Heard it alot, but no one ever seemed to look and see that they removed the carbides from the Expert and Free Ride, but the 175 still had them on.

Talk about some marketing.

That’s funny, yet how true. Folks don’t observe much anymore.

The show sleds almost always have the carbides removed, regardless of brand. So the don’t ruin carpet and such at the different show venues.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
akmining on instagram had the following comments (they are a Doo dealer so might be biased but nonetheless):

"What we liked most about the @skidooofficial Summit X with Expert Package is the way this new sled holds an edge so effortlessly. It will turn back up hill by just looking where you want it to go. The new lightweight spindle, ski-stopper and suspension changes really make a difference in the behavior of the sled on a steep angle slope like this, making picking your route seem easy."

"The single most noticeable new feature on this Expert sled is the tunnel change. With the shortened rear tunnel the sled truly feels more nimble, there is significant less drag on the rear end in deep powder and yes you can feel it in the handlebars! So much less snow in the tunnel makes for increased track speeds, less sticks, and way more fun! If you are wondering weather it’s a worthy reason to upgrade we are telling you here without a doubt it’s worth it! Stay tuned for testimonials!"

"The reaction folks are having to how much more predictable and how easy the @skidooofficial Summit Expert is to ride is off the chart! Now that we have had it in some DEEP snow there is no comparison. The changes to the front suspension in addition to the shorter tunnel make this sled feel totally different in the deep. “You can feel the shorter tunnel in the handlebars” in a sense you can tell that there is was less drag out back when it’s deep."

"The maneuverability of this sled over the current Summit X is unmatched. It’s light on its feet and easy to handle on the steep slopes."

The Problem with AMDS review are any of there post on Instagram, the people that are giving the reviews are employees at the store and bleed skidoo. I Would like to see a expert sidehill the same line as a Polaris, and have it caught on video.

Premium Features