• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

massive storm 9+ feet 24 hours 13-14 FEB

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
https://mammothweather.com/

The End is Near!……That is the end of the Big February storms….Next week looks dry and cold……
Tuesday February 12, 2019
Posted at 1:32 pm by Howard
Tuesday AM……can you smell the pineapples yet?
Latest guidance from the GFS shows some 9+ inches on the west side of South Central Sierra. So 8 to 9 feet probably at 10000 Feet, considering what snowfall ratios will be over all.
Updated.…California Rivers Forecast Center shows 9.02 inches H2O at Huntington Lake, much of which falls within a 24 hours period. Blue Canyon over the Northern Sierra shows 9.06 inches storm total. So no real Bulls-eye from the southern sierra to the northern sierra.
From this morning, the WPC had updated their QPF to as high as 9 inches over the west side of our sierra. Our snow level on Wednesday will fluctuate between 7000 and 8000 feet. Any rain that falls in town, will be absorbed by the cold dry snowpack in place. In that the there is enough QPF over the weekend for Snow to Water ratios in the 12 to 13:1 range at the end of the storm….., odds are that this is going to be close to a 100 inch storm above 10,000 with a higher moisture content than the Feb 6th system. Well see what Mammoth Mt reports Monday AM for storm total.
Today is your last day to create more snow storage…..
Locals should have plenty of supplies on hand in the case of power outages. Bring enough dry wood in…in the case it rains.
Very strong winds from an angry upper jet is expected Thursday…..Again power outages are possible
Total snow fall from the storms by the end of the weekend over Mammoth Mountain is likely to tally in the 8 to 10 foot range. In town another 3 to 5 feet at 8000 feet is possible by Sunday night, as a colder storm is likely after the wet one.
Next week will be cold and much dryer…..and possibly continue dry through months end…
Dr Howard the the Dweebs..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Seriously.

ICOI_title_treatment_bw_no_date-768x276.png

what it would be like to wake up to EIGHT FEET of fresh powder.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Seriously.

ICOI_title_treatment_bw_no_date-768x276.png

what it would be like to wake up to EIGHT FEET of fresh powder.

Bring your snowblower and you can stay at my place to check it out. I'll be out riding but I'll swing back by a few times throughout the day to see how you're doing.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
Rode out of Donner Summit today....neck deep. Seriously. Took four of us over three hours to punch in just over 6 miles. The ONLY time that I’ve ever said “man I wish I had a 175”x3”!! Tahoe has the goods and it’s going to stay cold, love it!

Premium Features