• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Government shutdown

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
THIS is why I kindly and respectfully refer to him as "our great President Trump"!

It bugs me when people call him ''this president''. It's usually the libs but I hear a few conservatives saying that too. He is our president and will be for the next 6 years so get used to it.

Ken..........

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Our great president Trump offered up a very reasonable compromise yesterday.
Pelosi told him to piss up a rope.
Just stating this so it's clear just who is keeping part of the government shut down.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
upload_2018-1-21_7-19-7-jpeg.38290

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Wanna take a stab at this Scooter?
Already did. Not my fault you can't read.

But here, try again:

Read through this, then actually read the linked CATO Institute piece (and the other sources, but particularly the CATO one), and see what you think

https://medium.com/s/story/what-hap...ter-challenged-me-about-the-wall-e54e86a5edd1

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work

In short, there are other things that would do more good per dollar than a wall.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
(This president Trump) coincides with( great president Trump),when actually it should be President Trump. Like all presidents before , the title of the president was President (insert name here) after which anything could said to describe their being.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

But here, try again:

Read through this, then actually read the linked CATO Institute piece (and the other sources, but particularly the CATO one), and see what you think

https://medium.com/s/story/what-hap...ter-challenged-me-about-the-wall-e54e86a5edd1

In short, there are other things that would do more good per dollar than a wall.

Well, I suppose that's good reading... If your mind is mushy enough to absorb the biased propaganda.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

But here, try again:

I love how the two contradict each other on several points. Drugs coming across was the one that stuck. One says drugs only come across legal crossing areas, the other relates a story of a truck loaded with drugs stuck on top of a fenced section... So drugs are coming across in places other than legal border crossings? Imagine that...

The environmental issues are the same pack of lies the greenie libs use to close land to sleds.

I just read reason after foolish reason, every single one of them easily refuted.

YES, I want a huge concrete wall just like east Germany and I want it staffed with military that has orders to shoot on sight. Simple and effective.

I also liked the sympathy expressed for those dying trying to cross in inhospitable sections... well tough chit, you shouldn't be there in the first place.

I agree that there may be a better way. Staff the border with military. Let them shoot to kill trespassers. Watch the attempts to get in drop like a stone. Today there is no consequences, they just come across, shack up with family, steal some jobs and start sending money home to Mexico, easy peasy. If the actual consequence for illegally entering this country was death, we would see these problems fade rather quickly.

Then we should adopt policy similar to Mexico with regards to immigration, that would be fair, no?

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
I He is our president and will be for the next 6 years so get used to it.

You do realize there's an election in 2020, right? And while I realize its not likely, because Republicans hate changing the Status Quo when they've got a President in power, someone from the Republican party could even run against him. If you ask me, he has hi-jacked the republican party & is well on the way to recreating it in his own image. I'm glad there are people like Mitt Romney who will still say it like it is. It still blows my mind that Barack Obama beat him in 2012. I understood the novelty of electing the first black president in 2008, but any hope I had in his presidency died about the time he put Hillary in as Secretary of state. I didn't vote for Obama, or Romney, but as far as major party candidates, if you ask me, Romney was the best either side has put forward in more than 30 years.

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
I'll share my personal opinion (which makes absolutely zero reference/nexus to my employer/position):

Walls work. Anyone who says otherwise needs to research Yuma prior to 2008, El Paso, RGV, San Diego, etc.

The argument "30' wall, i'll just bring a 31' ladder!" is bogus. Why? Because the wall/fence/barrier gives Border Patrol Agents adequate response time to effect an arrest. Currently in San Diego they are replacing the old "landing mat" primary fence with 20' steel pillar fencing. It works great because each pillar is filled with concrete so by the time someone in Mexico hauls their cutting wheel or torch to the fence, agents are already responding.

There is a 20' high steel primary fence, and about 50 yards north, a steel mesh secondary fence, lined with concertina wire. It's VERY rare for aliens to attempt to climb both fences. 99% of the time, aliens use the spillways/drainage pipes to make their illegal entries. So, because of the fencing, instead of agents covering 52,800 feet of US/MEX border (aka 10 miles of border), they only have to cover a few hundred feet (where the spillways/drainage tubes are). This makes for very high apprehension rates.

In my 100% personal opinion, here's how you fix the illegal immigration problem:

1. 100% Operational control of the US/Mex Border
  2. Investigate/punish US employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens (there are thousands of H2A/H1B Visa holders to choose from!)
  3. Allow Border Patrol Agents to adjudicate credible fear (asylum) clams (this is a huge thing, as every alien legal or illegal has the right to do, and it's being incredibly abused)
  4. Prosecute every subject who illegally crosses the border (this is already being done, but the USAOs are extremely backed up)
  5. Lower the extremely high prosecutorial thresholds for smuggling organizations
  6. Deny advanced medical treatment for illegal aliens apprehended at/near border unless they have the ability to pay (I'm not saying deny basic first aid/life saving treatment... but it's aggravating how many foreign nationals enter the US illegally with pre-existing conditions, only to be apprehended by US Border Patrol, and thus given advanced medical treatment for their conditions, courtesy of the US taxpayer.
  7. Deduct from foreign country's foreign aid for each one of that country's citizens apprehended illegally entering the US.

I could go on and on...but this should be good to start.

Oh, and for those who disagree with me, you're entitled to your own opinion, however, I'm missing a month of prime snowmobiling because I was sent down to the US/Mex border by my employer.

IMG_3906sm.jpg

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
didn't they just find another tunnel??? Walls work if there is four of them linked together like so many you have said using references like my corrals or the old stand by prisons. However they still not 100% foul proof. Just look at the prison records of breaks outs for those facts. Lets put a wall on one side of a said prison or corral and see how effective it is. And all the references of the great wall of china and border wall in other countries. Those counties in the news lately have borders no where near the size of our southern border nor is the terrain anything close. Fact the 5 billion wont even cover the areas that we have fenced off now so its a pipe dream to say 5 billion will build a wall the length of our boarder. sceens/ fences work because you can see through them and can see what people are doing on the other side. 31 ft ladder will work just fine if they use it to climb a 30 ft wall. How will the wall prevent the drugs coming through the ports of entry where most of the drugs enter this country anyway or prevent people from over staying their visas? Its just a very stupid campaign cry from a reality TV personality trying to act like a dictator. The latest attempt at shifting blame to the other party by passing a stupid bill offering temporary stay to an immigration policy that can be quickly be reverted back is just another brilliant attempt to make a deal for the worlds worst deal maker. Thank you to Ann Culter and Rush for this government shutdown since they are the ones who told Trump he is a idiot for signing the bill that both republicans and democrats passed to keep the government open that only had 1.5 billion for border improvements. Trump going on National TV saying he will own this shutdown will go down in history as one of the stupidest, in a VERY long list of stupid moves, this President has made. The real scary things is he is more then likely to get re elected in 2020 unless he goes down in flames when a certain report is made public if it ever sees the light of day. Since the confirmation of a trump team player is in the works that could put a lock down on that if it goes through.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
There is nothing 100% in this world and nobody said 5 billion will build the whole wall. Not even close and there was never going to be wall on the whole border.
This is a small part of what needs done. One tool, of many, for a big job.
The pipe dream is everyone hoping and praying for Mueller to come up with something solely for their shear hatred even if they have to manufacture something just as in the kavenaugh hearings.
This is about more than Ann coulter or rush. There is a helluva lot more people that want this and more. Too many years of letting this go. Finally someone with some balls to try and fix it. Someone with balls to stop China's crap or north Korea. Someone to finally get tired of paying for nato and every other country that hates us. Someone to call it like it is. That is why they call it the cold hard truth. Whether you like him or not he has done a bunch of good things for America. That is what is killing all these liberals is they can't figure out how to beat him. They have tried everything. Just watch all the fake news. The problem is the truth always prevails.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
So the cost is what you libs are upset about now? How ironic... I am still waiting for my annual health care costs to drop an average of $2800.... The pass it before you read it bill has put more financial stress on this country than any wall building bill ever will but, your precious nationalized health care system was worth it? What it really is, is a huge pack of lies but, that was and is OK with you guys I guess. Since when are libs against a capital spending project? Since Trump wanted it?

Premium Features