• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 800 BD Flat

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
2014 800 Boondocker that flat out sucks at 4200-5500ish. Its a dog in that range, but pulls hard once she goes! Its not lag, its either clutching fuel setups.

Cold air intake, external wastegate, air-air intercooler, 6lbs 8500+ elevation

Purchased the kit used last February and seller said tuned and clutched by VOHK. After a ride, I was starting to question if tuned and clutched by VOHK. Contacted VOHK and Eric did recognize the computer setup. When I did through in the clutching, the springs looked awful old. Time to put new springs in!

Well one ride so far this year and sled isn't even smooth like a buddies MtnTek that he has put some time into the clutching.

Clutching is Almond Primary, black/yellow secondary, 40-46-36 ER helix, and 10-68 weights.

Are you guys with BD kits in the PRO RMK running similar clutching?

Any of you that are running VOHK clutch kits have a smooth sled?

Any other types of clutching out there that guys are happy with?

Any of you mind sharing your numbers on control box with me via PM so I can compare mine.

We did drop RPM 4500 down to a 00 00 -01 -02 and I got on it on trail and RPM shot up to 8650 and scared the living $hit out of me, so I put it back at 00 00 00 00. The spike in RPM happened several times with myself and my buddy on the trail. Plug checks looked good while holding 4500 rpm.

Last edited:

Alpine Xtreme Edge

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2017
Oregon
2014 800 Boondocker that flat out sucks at 4200-5500ish.

Clutching is Almond Primary, black/yellow secondary, 40-46-36 ER helix, and 10-68 weights.

We did drop RPM 4500 down to a 00 00 -01 -02 and I got on it on trail and RPM shot up to 8650 and scared the living $hit out of me, so I put it back at 00 00 00 00.

Looks like you clutching is the standard boondocker setup out of the box. The 40 degree start on the helix makes the low rpm power delivery very manageable for the masses, but not near as responsive as the rmk was in stock form. I like the 54-44-.36/54-46-.36 which is also what Carl's Cycle recommends for that application. It will give you quite a bit of low rpm response back. The steeper initial angle (54) will load the motor more and have a quicker upshift. The 10-68 should be about right for your elevation and boost. You can use the secondary angle (44 or 46) to control max rpm. 46 will load the motor a bit more, thus lower max rpm.

As far as dropping the #'s in the RPM 4500 range down by 2 points and having the MAX RPM spike, the two shouldn't be related. You would be well out of the 4500 RPM fueling by the time your at max. I kinda wonder if you didn't hit a slick spot with the track completely unloaded for a second to let it spike that high, I also would have thought it would have hit the rev limiter by then but who knows.

I would assume the starting #'s available under the instructions tab on boondocker's site would be close for a 14, but I would always recommend having a Air Fuel Ratio gauge and learning how to set your fuel map for your own specific application. $250 is pretty easy to spend to protect your $5000+ investment and have an all around better/crisper riding experience. Summit racing has the Innovate MTX-L AFR for sale for $155.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Rode it 10 minutes since post created and another QD belt snapped, yes I have a deflector. Thinking it was due to the two sharp pointy stumps I found since now i have a big tear in the track. Sled was DET a ton that 10 minutes so I’m gonna set box to bd starting numbers and go from there.

Premium Features