• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power up connection for tps test

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
07 700 dragon trying check tps setting found connector near shock tower with red/white wire and brown wire at the connector. When engine is running Im getting 14v at connector so I assume this would be the correct connector to jumper 12v power in for tps?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
07 700 dragon trying check tps setting found connector near shock tower with red/white wire and brown wire at the connector. When engine is running Im getting 14v at connector so I assume this would be the correct connector to jumper 12v power in for tps?

No that is the DC power test connector. It will not power the ECU. Look for a connector next to it that has an orange (+) and brown (-). It should state external power (EXT PWR) or ECU PWR.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
There is also a red and brown on a smaller connector and a connector with three wires an orange a black/white and a black.
none of the three connectors at the shock tower are labeled at all whatsoever on my 07
If someone had a pic of an 08 and up I could compare with that would be helpful. I'm thinking 07 is a bit different.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
There is also a red and brown on a smaller connector and a connector with three wires an orange a black/white and a black.
none of the three connectors at the shock tower are labeled at all whatsoever on my 07
If someone had a pic of an 08 and up I could compare with that would be helpful. I'm thinking 07 is a bit different.

I believe it's the connector with the 3 wires. The orange wire should mate up with the red wire on the power up cable. If you can wait, I double check the wiring schematic again tomorrow to make sure.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
I believe it's the connector with the 3 wires. The orange wire should mate up with the red wire on the power up cable. If you can wait, I double check the wiring schematic again tomorrow to make sure.

Yep that one works to power up ecu. Got my tps set no problem.
Thank you for the help. I went ahead and took a little mini sharpie and labeled all three of the connectors now that I know what they are all for.

Premium Features