• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" Power Claw on Axys

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Pro QD pulleys on my '18 Axys QD with 156 camo extreme. Working awesome so far, feels snappier then the stock 2.6 setup and WAY more traction.

Also, the traditional drive style drivers with cut rails and an anti stab allow so much more reasonable track tension. Sled definitely rolls outs a lot more freely.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Pro QD pulleys on my '18 Axys QD with 156 camo extreme. Working awesome so far, feels snappier then the stock 2.6 setup and WAY more traction.

Also, the traditional drive style drivers with cut rails and an anti stab allow so much more reasonable track tension. Sled definitely rolls outs a lot more freely.

I bought some avid drivers so I should be able to let that track get loosey goosey.

This is the first polaris sled I've bought in a while but the dealer had that stock setup so tight, I couldn't even push it off my flatbed. Silly.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I was the first to put one on an axys. Best track out there IMO. On the 155 3" model it required new ice age rails and avid drivers to work.

Hey man! What did you do with the rail tips on your setup? It looks like Ice Age just cut off the tips so there's nowhere to put caps on. I put an antistab kit on which replaces the bar that holds the front shock strap. Is that all you had? I can taper the hifax a bit I guess but that's about it.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
No caps with how ice age cuts the rails. Standard ice age antistab wheels arent big enough, so even with a super nice taper on the hifax, I was still catching the front of hifax and ripping it off through the track window. Fix was kmod had ice age produce an even bigger diameter wheel on the antistab kit. And I drilled and counter sunk additional screws through the hifax and tapped into the rail a few inches down from the oem screw.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I was still catching the front of hifax and ripping it off through the track window.

haha...whoa

Here's what I've got going on right now. Ice age has 'standard' and 3" wheels in their antistabs. I guess that was because of you. Think the wheels alone would be enough now that they're bigger?

Attachments

• TIPS.jpg
    TIPS.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
haha...whoa

Here's what I've got going on right now. Ice age has 'standard' and 3" wheels in their antistabs. I guess that was because of you. Think the wheels alone would be enough now that they're bigger?
ID recommoned just a little more smoothing on the bottom and to the outside. the track will eventually wear it all smooth, but easier to do with the flap wheel right now then risk it snapping the hyfax screw (as mentioned above)

The 3" wheels are a nice upgrade. way less work shaping it all putting it together then the old 2.5's

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah didnt realize the bigger wheels were standard now. Still taper the hifax on the bottom and smooth out the 90deg to the sides like stated above

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I got on it with a sanding wheel before putting it in last night. Definitely smoother/more round than that pic.

You guys got me all nervous now so I'm going to get the outside wheels of the antistab kit in the mail today.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
dont stress on it, put many many miles on the 2 wheel setups with ease. just that extra 5 minutes using the flap wheel with the skid sitting on the bench is the ticket to flawless operation.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I wouldnt do the 4 wheel either. Too much pressure on the outside ones that can break the bolts off if you get the sled into hard sidehills. If you do have any issues with the hifax id just do 2 more screws to the rails. I did start my taper on the hifax gradual a few inches back from the tip. If you see stab marks in the hifax near the tips just take it off any taper it some more. Outside edge at the 90deg is where it wears

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Ice age should just put a little more vertical/length on the tip ends on this rail setup to fix this issue with the 3" powerclaw

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Ice age should just put a little more vertical/length on the tip ends on this rail setup to fix this issue with the 3" powerclaw

Agreed. All they'd have to do is use the cat style rail tips where the antistab axle/rod mounts are the same ones that hold the tip on.

Seems like the interest in doing this is enough and god knows there's no shortage of axys owners out there that are tired of flinging 3" paddles all over the place.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Just finished stuffing the 162 3" P/C track on the Ice age rails with the K-Mod arms- in my 16 Axys 163.
I did have to cut the hyfax in the rear, and round the front of the hyfax for the anti stabs.
With the 162 P/C in this suspension I have all the adjustment for track adjustment in the world.

2 rides so far this year on it and no issues,and very pleased

Last edited:

minibob

Lifetime Membership
May 23, 2010
I ride a 16 Axys 163 w 2.6 stock Polaris track would there be any performance advantage going to a 2.6 PC ? Cost of drivers not included .
I think the 3" track is too much in my riding location .
Are the PC tracks better then all tracks out there size for size ?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Who has the best prices on the PC tracks? Not sure that Michelle can still get AC tracks at a good price?

I got mine from michelle. Don't know if it's the best but I didn't hunt around too much. It was definitely way better than most.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Who has the best prices on the PC tracks? Not sure that Michelle can still get AC tracks at a good price?

I just purchased a 3" from her about a month ago

Michelle is generally hard to beat and even though she may not have the best price- she for one stands behind what her and Randy sell-

To me that is worth the price of admission..!

Premium Features