• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" Power Claw on Axys

lorne1176

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2010
Red Deer, AB
Has anyone tried a 3" Power Claw on the Axys or know of anybody who has. Currently I'm running a Camo X3 just curious how they compare to each other.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I was the first to put one on an axys. Best track out there IMO. On the 155 3" model it required new ice age rails and avid drivers to work.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Just replaced the 2.6 on my axys turbo to a 3” powerclaw. The powerclaw is an amazing track. Two days on it last weekend in over the hood snow. Grips the snow so much better!

Last edited:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I'm also running the power claw on my axys. It was a 2.6x163 stock, the 162 claw just fits in there with the stock rails using avid 7t drivers and anti stab. Such a good track.

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
3" Power Claw on Axys

This is interesting. Talking w Avid they insist I don’t need to swap rails as CO2 suggests. I wonder if this might be the reason. I’m picking up a used track so maybe w the stretch of the 153 and the rails I have for my 2.6 I might be able to squeeze it in???

Course I’ll have to cut the tips down and use a antistab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
keep in mind 7t 3" drivers are BIGGER than stock axys drivers, resulting in a tighter track as well.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
How do you center port the powerclaw track?

I used a hole saw. I marked each hole carefully and made a pilot small hole in the rubber so the drill bit wouldn't wander at first. Need to make sure the power stroke edge of the hole is close to the fiberglass bar that runs through the track so the extrovert is gripping on something a little more solid. Just dont let the hole saw cut into the fiberglass cross bar.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Madmax can you post a picture ? I like the ported tracks better seam to hold less snow in the suspension.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
I have a 3"power claw on one sled and a 3"camo x3 on another identical sled and one sled will not out perform the other one in any conditions

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
3" Power Claw on Axys

Update,
16’ 155 w a 2.6 Silber l
Put a 153 3 inch power claw on.
Went w Avid extrovert drivers and cut close to 2” of the tips of rails. Put on a 4 wheel antistab up front from whall Bros.
I’d read a few people doing this without adding custom rails so I thought I’d give it a go.
My conclusion.
It does fit. It is super tight though. It took me the better part of 4 hours trying to find the right combo of ratchet straps/ hanging the back of the sled to the right height/ and using a force multiplier (ie serious crow bar) to get it to line up. I’ve installed many tracks and this was by far the most challenging.
I have a stiffer rear suspension as a result. I can only assume that this is due to the preload because of the tightness of the track? I say this because the geometry of the suspension didn’t change but my rear sag certainly has. Gonna go take her out for a rip tomorrow and see if I rip the bogey wheels off.
(The track feels stiffer tighter all around but the tension measurement is right about the same as what the Polaris books recommend) I can turn the track by hand but barely.
I’ll let you guys know but I’m leaning towards the co2.0 method and just ordering custom rails.

Premium Features