• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When is the 18 release?

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Polaris probably made some good reliability refinements, so should be promising if you're looking for a new Poo. BUT Ski-doo will be gaining on the market even more. The 850 is taking the market by storm this year, more than last year. For how it performs, I can't be surprised. I hope to get one myself.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Really the 850 is nothing special a axys with a pipe beats it. Plus my axys bulkhead don't crack and my belts last.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Big changes in the Timbersled line up this year, 2 years in a row with no advertised changes of the Axys is a little surprising with what Doo and Cat have been cooking up.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Big changes in the Timbersled line up this year, 2 years in a row with no advertised changes of the Axys is a little surprising with what Doo and Cat have been cooking up.

What is there to advertise? It probably isn't a great idea to build hype and then have everyone that rides rag on them for hyping BNG. Plus when they only advertise big moves it means when they release some teasers next January there will be 2 months of hype for release 2018

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Really the 850 is nothing special a axys with a pipe beats it. Plus my axys bulkhead don't crack and my belts last.

Well an 850 with a pipe beats and axys with a pipe. Wasn't trying to start anything but 2018 is a new year for Doo. As it is for Poo, like I said, I'm sure nice refinements were made. The 850 really is something special. So is the axys chassis, why change something that isn't broken.

If anyone had a bad experience with an 850, the refinements made will most likely eliminate those experiences. Let us hope for more snow this year and a good winter next year!

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Well an 850 with a pipe beats and axys with a pipe. Wasn't trying to start anything but 2018 is a new year for Doo. As it is for Poo, like I said, I'm sure nice refinements were made. The 850 really is something special. So is the axys chassis, why change something that isn't broken.

If anyone had a bad experience with an 850, the refinements made will most likely eliminate those experiences. Let us hope for more snow this year and a good winter next year!

Not trying to start something
OR
Bashing polaris and drinking the bright yellow doolaid in the polaris forum with the username skidoo #1

Pick one friend :face-icon-small-hap

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
funny to offload leftover sleds cheap then have nothing much for 18

seems like folks would pick up 17s and save thousands ?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

Right, came over to this field and didn't want to start anything. You have to admit, it's hard to talk up the 850 with the belt threads, bulk head threads, pipe sensor threads and even the occasional fire sale. I don't wish it on you or anyone else, we pay too much for these things. But this side from "the shot", I didn't see any ground being made by anyone this year.

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
????

Man, I've been waiting 4 weeks since Doo announced their line up to wait for this????

I really like that with Polaris you have tons of color choices and that you have an option to upgrade the PRO RMK shocks from HPG to piggy needles, but thats it for the mountain sleds????

I just thought their would be more.

I guess as a marketing guy I should look at them liquidating 2017 and adding the golden ticket as a sign that something big is probably coming next year to drum up sales for 2019, but then shouldn't I just get by this year and wait for next year??

Decisions to make and to be honest I'm almost thinking of buying a snowbike kit for my husaberg and try it out for a year... LOL

CRAP.....

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Man, I've been waiting 4 weeks since Doo announced their line up to wait for this????

I really like that with Polaris you have tons of color choices and that you have an option to upgrade the PRO RMK shocks from HPG to piggy needles, but thats it for the mountain sleds????

I just thought their would be more.

I guess as a marketing guy I should look at them liquidating 2017 and adding the golden ticket as a sign that something big is probably coming next year to drum up sales for 2019, but then shouldn't I just get by this year and wait for next year??

Decisions to make and to be honest I'm almost thinking of buying a snowlike kit for my husaberg and try it out for a year... LOL

CRAP.....

What did you expect? An 850 for Polaris? A triple mountain that weighs 10 lbs less than the Axys 800? I'm being serious because other than throwing a big motor in, I'm not sure what I would do. If you go to the snow bike side, make sure you start off by spelling it correctly! :face-icon-small-win

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
THANKS

What did you expect? An 850 for Polaris? A triple mountain that weighs 10 lbs less than the Axys 800? I'm being serious because other than throwing a big motor in, I'm not sure what I would do. If you go to the snow bike side, make sure you start off by spelling it correctly! :face-icon-small-win

Thanks for correcting my spelling misgiving so quickly. As I'm getting older my fingers don't always type as fast or as accurate as my mind anymore. Thank god the internet spell checkers are here for me....

first let me be clear. I am NOT brand specific. Im going from Yamaha turbo nytro's to a 2 stroke. what did I expect? well after 2 years now of the 850 and Polaris still having issues with the 800's, I guess maybe I thought that they would keep up with a different engine with more HP to keep up with Ski Doo.

Ive read the massive comparison on snowmobile.com and while everyone agreed that the Polaris was the lightest, 5 out of 6 riders all picked ski too due to handling, power, control and float.

See it here. http://www.snowmobile.com/2017-mountain-snowmobile-shootout-part-ii

So what was I looking for, I guess for Polaris to close the gap that all these reviews point out.

In terms of snow bike's, I already have the Husaberg and since I obviously can't decide on a sled and there has been a couple of great guys on here with how to set up my Husaberg ( shout out to Wabackcountry and N16ght5) I'm thinking maybe ill try that on the relative cheap (well for my toy hobbies that is) for a year until Polaris catches up to Ski Doo or Ski Doo comes up with a better display for us old people. LOL

Oh yeah, I'm apologizing upfront for any misspelling or punctuation errors. Just let me know or chastise me and I might fix it if I don't forget first. :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I really don't feel Polaris is STILL having issues anymore than normal life events. There will always be occasional lemons off the factory line. There will always be poor owners who blame the manufacturer for a lesser product yet deep down they know it's their fault so they will go buy the same machine.
Point being, every machine has its pros and cons. The AXYS is a solid platform that is bound to cause lots of smiles. The other machines will likely do the same. Pick your poison.
I'm not sure where they could make the machine better to be honest. I know some want a triple and factory turbo but I'm fine with sleds not costing $18K off the bat. I think they are spendy enough as is. Let's focus on refining an already good product.

Premium Features