• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 SnoWest "ULTIMATE" Project Trailer #3,

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
After looking at Christopher's be build,
The fold down sitting benches are on the list.
Dang Chris, you keep costing us more$

OK
So the Plastic cover on the Propane bottles LOOKS TERRIFIC!

Question.
I see three packs hanging on the FRONT RAMP

How are they hanging?

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
OK
So the Plastic cover on the Propane bottles LOOKS TERRIFIC!

Question.
I see three packs hanging on the FRONT RAMP

How are they hanging?
Here's a photo, we rarely us the front door, but when we do these
Worked well to ride over. We hang the packs with carabiners off of them.

image.jpg

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
They are mounted near the top of the front ramp/door.
As for the propane covers they are a standard Camco RV tank cover.
I just jig sawed around the jack and pushed the assembly over the tanks. Fits very snug, easy access to turn on off the propane. Those zippers don't work well or last when frozen.
Please pass my post on to Mirage, in all honesty we bought our Mirage
because of the posts about your trailers on Snowest. We also have friends that bought one after they went with us snowmobiling, they were so impressed with the boot warmers, heated cabinets, furnace, fuel bladder and etc.
They have been very happy with their Mirage.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Here's a photo, we rarely us the front door, but when we do these
Worked well to ride over. We hang the packs with carabiners off of them.
I love that idea. I am headed to menards to get those d rings.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I love that idea. I am headed to menards to get those d rings.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
I am RIGHT THERE with ya.
I think this is a freaking GREAT IDEA.

Anything that hangs there WILL NOT BEAT UP a wall while driving!

THIS IS BRILLIANT!

picture.php

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
So, thanks to Christopher and all his great posts about his Mirage trailers and custom features he does we bought a new Mirage trailer 2 seasons ago. While the trailer has not been "perfect", no trailers are.
It's a 26' blackout extreme snow that we added many options to. Man doors and windows both sides, amp, sub woofer, flat screen, extra shelves, etc etc.
The trailer works very well for us and Mirage was very good to work with during the build. One improvement we did was replace the vinyl
Propane cover with a hard plastic, took a bit of trimming around the jack but works great and looks good too. Also did a 6" tongue extension to provide more room between the trailer and the tow vehicle. We tow with a 2008 F 550 Earthroamer, it has rear storage
and the extra space is needed and allows a for a full jackknife when turning around. Thanks again to Christopher for all the ideas!

Am I the only one that wants to see your trailer hooked up to the Earthroamer? :face-icon-small-coo If you have a hooked up side picture please share it in the "post your rigs" section. An Earthroamer is high on my list of things to get.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Am I the only one that wants to see your trailer hooked up to the Earthroamer? :face-icon-small-coo If you have a hooked up side picture please share it in the "post your rigs" section. An Earthroamer is high on my list of things to get.

HECK YA.
This should be amazing!!

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Also installed a lifeline 255 amp hour battery in the sled trailer to keep
us powered when we are parked at the trailhead for a few days.
Made a huge difference over the stock deep cycle battery. I did leave the stock battery and installed an A-B switch so if needed could go to battery #2.

image.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Also installed a lifeline 255 amp hour battery in the sled trailer to keep
us powered when we are parked at the trailhead for a few days.
Made a huge difference over the stock deep cycle battery. I did leave the stock battery and installed an A-B switch so if needed could go to battery #2.

There is no way you got that battery into the little battery box that Mirage supplies with the trailer. So WHERE exactly did you put it?

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
There is no way you got that battery into the little battery box that Mirage supplies with the trailer. So WHERE exactly did you put it?

Currently in the nose under a box I built, will move it to under the trailer when I get a chance to weld a box in.
And thank you for the graphics top!

rernst220

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2009
Chaska, MN
Also did a 6" tongue extension to provide more room between the trailer and the tow vehicle. We tow with a 2008 F 550 Earthroamer, it has rear storage
and the extra space is needed and allows a for a full jackknife when turning around. Thanks again to Christopher for all the ideas!

What did you use for the 6" Tongue Extension?

Premium Features