• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtntk Turbo Axys

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Yes you could get the typical wastegate canister for the EFR. They offer 3 different versions: low medium and high boost. I honestly don't think you will need it though. They are wicked fast at building boost as is.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fwhitedumpster%2Fvideos%2F666185663559537%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Keep the vids coming Tory... Love watching you guys ride, you need to make another video compilation at end of the year again:face-icon-small-coo

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Tory,

Do maintain target clutch RPM from, say, 3000 to 10000 feet....without need to touch clutching or weights?

Thx.

We dont have the elevation delta here to prove that, but according to Mtntk, yes it will maintain RPM at all elevations without touching the clutching.

Keep the vids coming Tory... Love watching you guys ride, you need to make another video compilation at end of the year again:face-icon-small-coo

You got it!!

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
How does the kit seem to be doing on fuel? Are you guys carrying extra fuel or are you able to get a nice days ride out of a tank? Thanks

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
How does the kit seem to be doing on fuel? Are you guys carrying extra fuel or are you able to get a nice days ride out of a tank? Thanks

We rode ~50 miles last ride. Quite a bit of trail though. I burned basically a full tank. Stockers had 1/2 tank left. They drink gas with the boost turned up.

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
are you guys running any type of venting...looks like you've had it in powder:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap...any issues?? Thanks.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Finally got my new build out. This year its a 17 Axys 174 LE with a MTNTK turbo kit. First off I would like to say the build quality of this system is excellent, it looks OEM. For the break in ride, went out Sunday for the oily take it easy ride. Wanted to get through this as soon as possible. Patience should pay off later so keep telling yourself on and off throttle no long full throttle pulls. Have to say, very impressed with the performance. Response and power are spot on. Even in and out of the throttle and not holding it taped, the sled made pulls with ease. If your looking at putting a turbo on a Polaris, give MTNTK some serious consideration. Also big Thanks!!! To Chrisco. He sold me the kit and did the install. Excellent job. Final note. I have owned other turbo Polaris snowmobiles so I'm basing my opinion on past first hand experiences.

Last edited:
J
Jan 16, 2016
Pasco, WA
'16 Axys with MTNTK Turbo: engine starting questions

Hi all. First test ride yesterday with my MTNTK turboed '16 axys: great power, zero stuttering or bogs, and very little turbo lag. However, it is hard to start first start of the day. Takes me 10-12 pulls, and that was sitting overnight in a fairly warm (50*) garage. After sled is warmed up to 100*, I can shut it down, and then restart it a couple minutes later with only one pull. Leave it sit for 10 min or longer (outside temps on the hill were 10 degrees) and then it takes 3-5 pulls, most of the time partially opening the throttle to get it started. Nate from MTNTK said unfortunately this is normal for the Axys. You guys experiencing the same thing? If not, you have any helpful tips? Right now I am concerned about trying to get it started after it has sat outside all night in 10 to 20 degree weather.

And what weights you running? I have my boost turned all the way down and was still over revving (8450) with 72 gram Polaris weights at 5500' elevation, dry fluffy snow conditions.

Thanks.

T
Sep 10, 2009
Hi all. First test ride yesterday with my MTNTK turboed '16 axys: great power, zero stuttering or bogs, and very little turbo lag. However, it is hard to start first start of the day. Takes me 10-12 pulls, and that was sitting overnight in a fairly warm (50*) garage. After sled is warmed up to 100*, I can shut it down, and then restart it a couple minutes later with only one pull. Leave it sit for 10 min or longer (outside temps on the hill were 10 degrees) and then it takes 3-5 pulls, most of the time partially opening the throttle to get it started. Nate from MTNTK said unfortunately this is normal for the Axys. You guys experiencing the same thing? If not, you have any helpful tips? Right now I am concerned about trying to get it started after it has sat outside all night in 10 to 20 degree weather.

And what weights you running? I have my boost turned all the way down and was still over revving (8450) with 72 gram Polaris weights at 5500' elevation, dry fluffy snow conditions.

Thanks.

Jeff,

Our sleds are also require additional pulls as you described. I would not be worried about it starting in cold weather. I have left mine in the cold a few nights and it always starts.

74g weights w/ ~10lbs of boost @ ~6,000ft

J
Jan 16, 2016
Pasco, WA
I tried another experiment; I put a space heater a couple feet away from my sled engine and let it sit overnight. In the morning it only took 2 pulls to start. Engine was barely warm to the touch, I would guess 75* (garage is only 50* but heater that close helped a bunch). I know all engines start easier when warmer, but this setup on my sled is especially sensitive to cold weather starting. I talked to Nate from MTNTK again and he said some of the turbo sleds are having this same issue and others are not. They are currently working on an updated fuel map that will hopefully help out with this issue.

P
Sep 27, 2009
https://youtu.be/6ehnOy7d_ic

My first ride on the first and only MTNTK turbo in Sweden!
face-icon-small-happy.gif
face-icon-small-cool.gif

Only riding 5.5psi of boost @1200 feet right now, but it runs soo clean, without a single hesitation!

Going to be a monster when i turn boost up to 8-9psi and get the clutches dialed! And need some more snow also!

Last edited:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Very little lag

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fwhitedumpster%2Fvideos%2F671887769655993%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

T
Sep 10, 2009
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x2zsqHAcghQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xkf1Cfg1Flc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Any more pics / info on the airbox? Tough to tell from the pictures how it flows.
Laminova core? Velocity stacks?
The picture that kinda showed the core is no longer showing...

Premium Features