• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Qestions answered #1 VIPEC ECU

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Ok this will probably sound like a dumb question: my analog boost gauge reads 9or10 psi but the vipec is reading 130ish kpa. I thought 130ish kpa is around 4-5psi. Why the difference? This is riding at 9,000 ft elevation. I'm assuming this has to do with elevation, is there an equation for this?

130 kpa is just under 19 PSI. Assuming your at altitude your boost gauge is correct.

To convert KPA to PSI multiply the kpa value by .145

Also the Vipec is giving you absolute pressure, so subtract atmospheric pressure for your elevation, 72kpa, to give you gauge pressure or boost pressure

(130kpa-72kpa)*.145=8.41 PSI as indicated on your gauge

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I'm having problems getting the sled to start without holding the throttle wide open. If I don't hold the throttle wide open it'll take multiple pulls & it'll sometimes stall when it does start. I've tried numerous values in the cranking and post cranking values. I can't tell if it needs more fuel or less. I've tried both and also extreme values of both. One thing I noticed is that if the 12v battery is hooked up to the ECU it pops right off super easy.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Maybe you capacitor is going out and its not firing up the pump right? You could also have a pump going out. Has it started well in the past?

Its never started great, it always starts amazing when the ECU is powered up.I can try the capacitor, I have a used spare along that I could put on.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
What is everyone running for timing under boost @ WOT? I'm looking for some #'s for comparison purposes. I run 100ll, but looking for #'s on pump gas too.

Also how do I get the knock sensor turned on(& tuned), mine is currently off.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Maybe you capacitor is going out and its not firing up the pump right? You could also have a pump going out. Has it started well in the past?

Tried capacitor, same thing. I'm leaning towards weak stator at this point. I will change it put in the off season.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I have been working with the Vi-Pec software doing some tuning but have a question about altitude compensation.

Can anybody direct me to the area within the software that adjusts for altitude?

I can get the sled tuned for 8500 ft elevation but as soon as it gets into higher altitudes it has runs inconsistently.

I think the "BAP" is the barometric pressure sensor that provides input to the Vi-Pec but not sure where in the software to adjust the settings.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
The altitude compensation is mainly done by adding a fuel correction table based on EGT, no need to go close loop at all....that is how the manufacturer compensate for altitude changes.

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Great glad everything worked good.
Speedo calibrations
2011-2012 need to be 1500
2013 to current need to be 5000
Hit ESC this will bring up your ecu setting, go to digital inputs,then hit speed, then when the window comes up on the number change it to what ever is needed. Hope this helps. One cool thing is you know have a top speed to show your buddies of about 160mph lol

Brycter,
I need a base setting for a 2012 800 application. It has a turbo setup now.
Do I need to give you a call?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
dang I already need help, ive read through this whole thread then skimmed it twice and cant seem to find where info is on wiring in four injectors? the harness only has two what I think are runs for injectors? actually I cant make heads or tails of the tp diagram it should also be labeled on the harness itself. do I just solder all the separate red wires together to 12 v? seems kind of redundant. I wonder if deutch makes a better terminal than these chincy ones that come with it?

realization, I think the two leads in the vipec harness are for the aux injectors and the factory harness is just hooked to the main ones.

probably shouldn't try this after being up thirty hours

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
wiring

I will just post this up here for all snowest users. Please give a like if this helps anyone in any way. Diagram works for all years of pro.

TURBO PERFORMANCE the art of speed!

Attachments

• VIPEC wiring polaris pro schematic.pdf
    72.7 KB · Views: 51
Premium Features