• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon Front Bumper

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

tjs529

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Minnesota
I Have a 2006 switchback 600 Was thinking of running this bumper but dont know what to do with the radiator!

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
Here's mine

No problems and as you can see i've tested it out on some trees already

DSCN3083.jpg

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Here's what I ended up with. Can't speak to the radiator.....didn't have one. Most guys it seems ditch them.
By the way, folks have been worried about snow getting up in there and packing. The front is sealed up better than stock. ZERO problems with snow intrusion.
I have smacked several 2-3 inch saplings this winter, and one 12 inch stump which was rotten (thank you Jesus thank you Jesus) and Zero damage. There are folks that don't like the bumper, woopie, I think it's worth every penny.
Good Luck! Jerry
IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Hey Sawyer,

Werent you one of the peeps that was saying that the bumper was too expensive when I first posted it??

Your sled looks good my friend, good riding year for you?

Worth the money, huh?

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
hahahaha mountainhorse. I was hoping you wouldn't remember.

Worth every penney. It would have cost me just as much to put stock crap back on and it was the second time I did it this season

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Here's mine

No problems and as you can see i've tested it out on some trees already

DSCN3083.jpg

So that's what it looked like new.
wow.
I forgot it was black.
Mine is pretty much sap colored.
I can't imagine how much I would have spent had I not gotten this bumper put on.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

I installed mine just like yours, I think it looks alot better than cutting the belly pan off. It sure is nice, not having to worry about trashing the front end.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I don't mean to nitpick, the install looks great and it sounds like everybody that has tried the bumper loves it.......but, I'm not much for the grey silicone look to seal up the area between the bumper and the bellypan. Is the silicone you used really grey, or is it just the pictures that make it look grey. Maybe a black silicone would look much better and not stick out so much? Would it be possible to install the bumper BEHIND the bottom front of the bellypan, maybe the plastic will stretch enough so that the bumper can be squeezed in there? Then you would only have to cut out a small section towards the top where the tubing is. You could then eliminate 90% of the silicone and it wouldn't show near as bad. Shouldn't effect the purpose of the bumper either as it would still take the force of the hit from a stump, but then I guess you would probably have to replace that center section of the bellypan everytime.

Just getting some ideas in case I decide to buy a leftover/slightly used '08 Dragon 800. I can't see gobbing up the front end with silicone on a sled that I spent 9K on.

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I used black silicone and it is not near as noticeable unless your face is right there. The plastic will not conform around the bumper. You just cut out a triangle in the center plastic. Even gobs of silicone will look much better than broken plastic after a tree shot.

Last edited:
B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
best solution is to save the belly pan on the install and then use a skinz protective gear belly pan....never know it is not stock.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
The stock bumper is fine. WHO THE HELL LIFTS THERE SLED UP WITH THAT MUCH FORCE ANYWAYS, USE THE SKI TIPS TO HELP GET UNSTUCK? I mean to move it in the shop or shift it around a bit on the hill it's fine, pushing over average stuff it works good. As for it hitting the tail gate, I would rather have the bumper break then damage the truck tailgate. What would you have said if your tailgate folded?

The Tri City bumper IMO is lame. It makes it look like a Yamaha for one and it also resembles too much of a sport ATV.

T4T is dead on with the energy absorbtion. Why do you think they make crush structures on cars, race cars and so on? To absorb energy to protect the driver or the main part of the vehicle. The TCP bumper will withstand more impact, no question there. It will however be more determental to the blukhead/chassis though when you compare the two. Pick your poison with this one. I will keep the plastic stocker and replace as necessary.

hmm, well i guess im just all sorts of bassackwards on this whole thing, i should be replacing my cheesy plastic parts with more cheesy plastic parts instead of something that will actually do some damage to the would be damager??? well i guess im backwards on my truck too, so much for this real grilleguard in replace of the 1/8th inch thick factory potmetal chit, guess i should be using a square wheel as well huh?
DSC02733.jpg

i don't care what other people say, i guess that if they want to replace the same parts over and over again, go for it, i on the other hand would rather upgrade the trashed part with something that will take a beating, kinda the same thing as putting on all of our aftermarket parts IE. pipes, cans, reeds, heads, nitrous, turbos what-have-you else. by replacing the plastic with more plastic, your taking a step backwards don't you think???:confused:

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
ShortStop,

I didn't sweat the silicon because I'm putting an SPG belly pan over the whole assembly. I just wanted it tight.

BTW, that is black....I know, looks grey to me too. The nice thing though is it' looks great while your ridin'.

B

D
Jan 11, 2008
According to my dealer the new 09 front bumper will retro fit on the RMK's all the way back to 05
He did not have pricing but was told by Polaris that it is cheaper than replacing the plastic one
Hope this helps.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Bagger,

Can I get a link to the bellypan that you're talking about, all I saw was skid/float plates on their website, just like in the link I posted.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Am I married to you?

ShortStop,
I may have mis-spoken, when I refered to "bellypan", I ment Skid/float plate. There are some pics on here somewhere of an install with the SPG skidplate....I'm thinking it may be lpidaho. You might pm him. But please don't yell at him, he's a decent guy.

Before you yell at me again, I know they don't show up on the site, but they are coming, if not here already....call them up, or email them and ask.

Best of luck with your project. :beer; Bagger

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
ShortStop,
I may have mis-spoken, when I refered to "bellypan", I ment Skid/float plate. There are some pics on here somewhere of an install with the SPG skidplate....I'm thinking it may be lpidaho. You might pm him. But please don't yell at him, he's a decent guy.

Before you yell at me again, I know they don't show up on the site, but they are coming, if not here already....call them up, or email them and ask.

Best of luck with your project. :beer; Bagger

Yelling was not my intention, nobody replied to me the last time I asked the question so I thought I'd make the text larger. :)

Premium Features