• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 700 dragon injectors not opening

C

Chevy3500

Dec 7, 2010
Laid the used injectors/harness over motor plugged in. With a little fuel in the rail and some pressure it is flowing fuel out of the lower injectors.

So you could make the old injectors fire and spray fuel with a 9v battery?
The new ones would spray by just pulling over engine?

T
Nov 29, 2010
The injectors in the motor will open with a 9 volt battery. And fuel pressure will drop. Will not run. The new (used) harness and injectors i hooked up laying on top of motor the lower injectors are working when rope is pulled.

C

Chevy3500

Dec 7, 2010
Should the brown with white coming from stator have coutinuity with the blue-yellow and with the green-red wires from stator? Could someone test there's at the plug and let me know what they r getting for resistance?

And I should have mentioned this earlier but my problem started
When the recoil rope broke..sled was running b4 it broke..took recoil off for repair and install it...that's when my problems started

Last edited:
C

Chevy3500

Dec 7, 2010
How many volts should be coming from stator through the 3 yellow wires? Ac or dc??

T
Dec 26, 2009
Should the brown with white coming from stator have coutinuity with the blue-yellow and with the green-red wires from stator? Could someone test there's at the plug and let me know what they r getting for resistance?

And I should have mentioned this earlier but my problem started
When the recoil rope broke..sled was running b4 it broke..took recoil off for repair and install it...that's when my problems started

Chev,
I don't believe BN/WH should have continuity with either of the blues. They are different circuits from the stator:
- BN goes with the DGs - Exciter Coil - Powers the Ignition Coils /
ECU
- DBs are for the injector coil.

I am finding the same thing that according to the service manual, BN/WH should OMH out to 0(zero), currently, I'm getting OL (open).

I posted about "D8 sputtering" at idle on another board as well.

Premium Features