• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Southeast South Dakota

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
I believe the groomer operator in the Sioux Falls to Madison area is on holiday vacation in Florida. When he gets back the first week of January or so, I suspect we'll start to see some grooming.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I believe the groomer operator in the Sioux Falls to Madison area is on holiday vacation in Florida. When he gets back the first week of January or so, I suspect we'll start to see some grooming.

Here in lies the problem with the "Grant in Aid" system.
Due to inconsistent snow conditions, our riding opportunities are too few and far between to miss riding time due to an operators personal schedule.
Here we've had good snow over the Christmas/New Years break, and trail is not groomed.
I am not criticizing the groomer operator at all. In fact I am very thankful to any of the Grant in Aid operators. None of them are doing it because of the pay (which is set far too low by the system guidelines).

In my opinion, the GFP should provide groomer operators.
The clubs are doing ALL of the physical labor to keep these trails signed & open. I am sure there are GFP personnel that are not overwhelmed with work during the winter months that could be operating the groomers.
Our club is very fortunate to have a fellow willing to operate the groomer, but if he were to say no, my vote would be to let the trail go away because it is all too much work if there is not a qualified groomer willing to do the job WHEN THE JOB NEEDS DONE!

Keep in mind, 90% of us signing the trail do not even ride trails.
The reward for doing it is seeing people come to our area to ride. It is simply good for the community to have activity of any kind.

Sorry for the long-winded rant.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Grooming

Heck I would have gone out and done some grooming. I live in Sioux Falls and have 2000 plus hours in the seat of a Sno Cat grooming in the Black Hills.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Sioux Falls Sno Trackers meet this Thursday (Jan 7) at 6:30 P.M. at Vern Eide Motoplex. West side of the building in their conference room. Everyone is welcome.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
The Beresford trail has been groomed twice. The trailbusters meet meet the second Sat of the month at our clubhouse at 7:30 checkout our Facebook page.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
We have good snow on the trail down here in Beresford area. We will be grooming twice a week.

Also we will be having a poker ride on Saturday the 23 starting and ending at our clubhouse off of the viborg exit. Check out the Trailbusters Facebook page for more info.

Last edited:
H
Dec 24, 2015
Rode the trails out of Beresford yesterday for about 4 hours. North to South runs very good, east to west hard drifts but still good. Groomer was heading out of Beresford as we were coming in so should be good today.

Premium Features