• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BYPASS THERMOSTAT UPGRADE (PREVIOUSLY $28 upgrade)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
It is pricey but I prefer the aluminum housing and better flowing stat than the brp. The brp boys are swapping their stock ones out to aftermarket versions for a reason.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
It is pricey but I prefer the aluminum housing and better flowing stat than the brp. The brp boys are swapping their stock ones out to aftermarket versions for a reason.

The BRP boys aren't swapping them out here, and we surely would see a problem in my part of the world.
I now have over 5000 miles on two sleds, sporting the BRP conversion, without a problem. One NA and one Turbo, will add it to my new '15 also.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Here is a pic of the tstat the powder freaks uses (right) vs the older 800 bb bypass stat (left). I don't have a newer cfi stat handy to compare.

Pf's is stamped 30C (86F).

uploadfromtaptalk1419979030207.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1419979046135.jpg

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Just a heads up, looks like powderfreaks is sending out the wrong size TEE with their kits. I am waiting on a response from them.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Is it lack of R&D or a simple supplier error? He knows what size it should be, tells me the R&D is correct and probably a supplier error. Mistakes happen, to all kinds of people/kits/products.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Is it lack of R&D or a simple supplier error? He knows what size it should be, tells me the R&D is correct and probably a supplier error. Mistakes happen, to all kinds of people/kits/products.

Please start you own thread for your preferred product, this thread is informative for the $28 upgrade. This was initiated to be a freebee site and not to promote products supplied by aftermarket companies.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
WOW!???

Well I am speechless after that.

I will let you have your thread and your opinion and I will hold mine back since it upsets you.

I respect everything you post on these forums but obviously I struck a cord.

Good day.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
We are now on the third page of posts about Terra alps and powderfeaks kits. I would like to keep this thread on track and informative concerning the BRP Kit. I apologize if you thought I was being disrespectful.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Okey dokey.

This a bonus mod for the Pro for cooling and steady performance. The Axys next year will come stock with a similar cooling flow for these reasons. Do it if your Pro is a keeper. But,,,I think you should stay away from some of these other set-ups personally. TRS has done the R and D to be CFI2 specific and the details may not be important to you but they are there.

First, the Terra Alps guy has a real bad rep locally for a reason (check the BBB). If you can find where he is doing business today you'll still have to get a hold of him. When you do,, try to cut the conversation short unless you enjoy listening to blah blah about how bad the rest of the aftermarket really is lol. Then you can only guess when or if he will ship. It really is easier and cheaper to go to the Doo shop and Napa. Today and in the future.
This might be a personal thing but I hate supporting people like this.
Secondly. These aluminum set-up are nice but relatively heavy. Hanging just by hoses they bounce around abit compared to the Doo one. Originally they were meant for an overheating 1000 Doo that actually deformed the plastic around the stock set-up. The Poo ECU likes to stay in a range. Too cold is just as bad as too warm. Do your home work and you might find the thermostat supplied is a bit cold for best performance in a Poo.

One opinion from happy 2 year 28 dollar fix guy.

Better??

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
No need to chime in geo, TRS and I can handle this thanks.

TRS- feel free to have the mods remove any/all of my posts in this thread that are not pertinent to the BRP stat.

T

trey4x4

Jan 29, 2014
Got the drop in kit in and did the $28 upgrade at the same time and she's running a bit warm. Running around 150 and will come down to 140 in deeper powder. Maybe a air bubble somewhere, it took around 5 quarts of coolant. This is a 800 rush and the front cooler is still being used. One end stayed on the water pump housing and the other goes to the BRP housing and I plugged the head port. Seems to run fine just warmer that I'd like. What should I check first?

R

red_rock_24

Jan 11, 2008
Rock Valley, Ia
Ok I just read through every post from the beginning and there is one question that I have that had been asked that had never really been answered. Where do you find an aluminum washer that's 34 mm OD and 27 mm ID. I saw longhandle or who ever said they made them but does it have to be 27 mm ID? What if it was 25mm? Or 20? Is there one that that would work in standard measurements? Like 1" id? And does it have to be aluminum? Can it be copper or stainless steel? I have all the parts but this damn washer. My local hardware stores don't have it, I've called bolt and hardware suppliers, I've looked on line, I would like to know where all you found that washer. At one time it was said here they were being made for $10, I'm thinking that's the way to go. Please can someone give me some answers?! Thanks!

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Ok I just read through every post from the beginning and there is one question that I have that had been asked that had never really been answered. Where do you find an aluminum washer that's 34 mm OD and 27 mm ID. I saw longhandle or who ever said they made them but does it have to be 27 mm ID? What if it was 25mm? Or 20? Is there one that that would work in standard measurements? Like 1" id? And does it have to be aluminum? Can it be copper or stainless steel? I have all the parts but this damn washer. My local hardware stores don't have it, I've called bolt and hardware suppliers, I've looked on line, I would like to know where all you found that washer. At one time it was said here they were being made for $10, I'm thinking that's the way to go. Please can someone give me some answers?! Thanks!
PM Loudhandle on here

Premium Features