• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM GEAR, STEEP DISCOUNT?

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Hats off to Klim(grudging respect), I can't think of many companies that have such complete control of their retailers. It is very difficult to find any retailer who will discount the gear, except non current year, and then the discounts are pretty shallow. If I am going to drop more than a grand in new clothing I am NOT going to pay retail! I'm looking for at least 20% off current year product with free shipping. Can anyone hook me up? PM me if you don't want to post here. Thanks

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
Hats off to Klim(grudging respect), I can't think of many companies that have such complete control of their retailers. It is very difficult to find any retailer who will discount the gear, except non current year, and then the discounts are pretty shallow. If I am going to drop more than a grand in new clothing I am NOT going to pay retail! I'm looking for at least 20% off current year product with free shipping. Can anyone hook me up? PM me if you don't want to post here. Thanks

You have to be involved with local clubs. I know that Klim "sponsors" local clubs by providing 40% off gift certificates that they can raffle off during the season. I have won one and I know others who won and that makes their clothing a very good price.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
If I am going to drop more than a grand in new clothing I am NOT going to pay retail! I'm looking for at least 20% off

So really you only have like 800$ to spend then :face-icon-small-ton

I belive Klim does not allow retailers to post any price below their set suggest retail price. SO you might be get a few pm's with better prices.

But remeber whoever gives you a deal is taking that out of their profit...its not like they are paying any less to Klim.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
KLIM does not allow any retailer whether at a show or in the store to discount any current model year products, doing so will result in the loss of ones ability to sell KLIM products. (with special exceptions like open house's where the KLIM rep is there and will help out a little with some special package deals) KLIM is hands down the best snowmobile gear made with great customer service to back it up. They are worth the money. if you want a 20% or more discount buy last years gear

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
You can hit any snow show and get a deal. I was at 2 shows last year where current stock was publicly discounted with signs for all to see. Every large piece was at least $30-50 off the going retail rates.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Cash at snow show is your answer. Current or last year gear you can get great deals.

KLIM does not allow any retailer whether at a show or in the store to discount any current model year products, doing so will result in the loss of ones ability to sell KLIM products. (with special exceptions like open house's where the KLIM rep is there and will help out a little with some special package deals) KLIM is hands down the best snowmobile gear made with great customer service to back it up. They are worth the money. if you want a 20% or more discount buy last years gear

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Cash at snow show is your answer. Current or last year gear you can get great deals.

Maybe it's different where you're at, but I've NEVER found that to be true at the Denver snow show. There were at least 3 klim retailers there last year, and none of them would deal at all.

I've looked all over for klim... getting motorfist this year, better quality, better service. (will be for a few years anyhow, we'll see if they stay as good once they're more established)

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I have been to a few shows as well and am friends with a Klim retailer (the only real way to get real discount ;) ) and have never seen the the new line discounted.

You will be able to find all kinds of deals on 2010 gear and older...but the 2011 line.....I would think not.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
You can hit any snow show and get a deal. I was at 2 shows last year where current stock was publicly discounted with signs for all to see. Every large piece was at least $30-50 off the going retail rates.

i go to boise, spokane, and puyallup every year and have never seen current model year klim gear discounted. always tons of great deals on last years gear but never current year.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
We found just the opposite to be true at the Denver Show last year. We saved 20% plus no tax and we spent less than 1K. Pretty sure it was the new line but I may be wrong.

Maybe it's different where you're at, but I've NEVER found that to be true at the Denver snow show. There were at least 3 klim retailers there last year, and none of them would deal at all.

I've looked all over for klim... getting motorfist this year, better quality, better service. (will be for a few years anyhow, we'll see if they stay as good once they're more established)

Last edited:

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Maybe I was mistaken but last year in Spokane the only Klim dealer at the show (he had 2 booths), and perhaps the largest Klim dealer around, was selling the new style Adrenaline boots with the front toe patch that goes all the way up and over to protect the boot from damage from the tunnel. That was the new style sold in November of 2009.

i go to boise, spokane, and puyallup every year and have never seen current model year klim gear discounted. always tons of great deals on last years gear but never current year.

Last edited:
N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I just bought last years gear off Ebay for 50% off, I'm satisfied with that. I don't understand why anyone would pay full retail (or even close to it), a business has to earn my dollar thru either service or price, if all a company is doing is shipping me the product then the price better be the best!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Klim warranty SUCKS!

Dont buy Klim!

If you have a hole in the knee fabric and you butt gets wet, VOID!

The lower pant leg started to get wet more and more. Then it would build ice after getting wet and the ice would rubb the crap out of the fabric wearing it out worse! Then the ice would break threads holding sht together and pull it apart! Then the next day, wetter and wetter!

Clearly a water proof issue!

Last edited:
T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Last year I got my Klim jacket and bibs from ShadeTree Powersports for about 40% off list. It was prior year gear and I found it in the clearence section.

I would guess this would be a tough time of year to get the best deals as we are coming into season, but by January (after xmas shopping is done) you should be able to find good deals on prior year stuff.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Tell us how you really feel....

Klim warranty SUCKS!

Dont buy Klim!

If you have a hole in the knee fabric and you butt gets wet, VOID!

The lower pant leg started to get wet more and more. Then it would build ice after getting wet and the ice would rubb the crap out of the fabric wearing it out worse! Then the ice would break threads holding sht together and pull it apart! Then the next day, wetter and wetter!

Clearly a water proof issue!

Premium Features