• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How NON-Motorized activists will restrict Snowmobile access to US Forest Service Land

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
I posted this in: Land Use: Every person who rides in Washington needs to read this and submit a comment!! , but have not gotten any input or replies. This holds true for all ares, SAWS is one of, if not our biggest advocate! Let's try it here. Help me donate more money!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to writing letters...
Join: SAWS - Snowmobile Alliance of Western States
They are our biggest voice! They stand toe to toe to all who propose to take away our lands. They have the legal knowledge to take our letters. our comments, our concerns and present them in our best interest. To show all those who question us what good stewards of the land we actually are.

I challenge everyone who sleds in WA, who is a member and reads the WA Riding Area Forum and ALL of SnoWest to:

1. Send in a comment: http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/forest-plan/contact/index.shtml (Thank you to newtrout for the link)

2. Join SAWS: Snowmobile Alliance of Western States

These are 2 simple things to do. It will take just a few minutes of your time, yet it will make a huge difference. Our strength is in our numbers and in our continued stewardship of the National Forests where we and our families play.

I just donated $50 to SAWS. Donation Link I urge everyone to give a small donation...$5 or whatever you can spare. Its a small price to help save the lands we love.

My business will match any donations made to SAWS up to $100. That means I will match any combination of contributions up to $100..... 10 people donating $5 + 5 people donating $10, etc.
Send me the donation conformation link via PM or e-mail and I will add them up til they reach $100, then send in my additional contribution of $100.

Lets all join together to do what we can to protect the lands we love

Last edited:

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
There's only 16 memebers as individuals on the SAWS website! I just gave them another $50, they need money to fight this.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
There's only 16 memebers as individuals on the SAWS website! I just gave them another $50, they need money to fight this.

Your name is only listed there if you want it to be.
But every body needs to donate.

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
Wow!! I wasn't expecting such big contributions.

2 donations of $50

Thanks sledfvr & KSH :hail::hail::hail::usa2::hail::hail::hail:

NorthStar Plumbing LLC wiil donate our additional $100. I wish I could match more, but business has been slow.

• Imagine what could happen if even 25% of all SnoWest members gave only $5 ea. That's 1.5 gals of gas..........that's what you'll burn just riding the trail to get to your sweet spot on your 1st of many trips this winter.

• Now imagine not having any reason to even gas up your sled because there's no place to ride anymore.
That's a hard pill to swallow, but unfortunately, it's a hard reality that very well may be looming in our future. It doesn't take much....if a lot of people do just a little bit, our voice will be heard loud and clear!!! Do what you can......write a letter, give $5, talk to sledders who don't know about what's happening. Knowledge is power, USE IT!!

Attachments

• Matching Donation.jpg
    Matching Donation.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
NorthStar Plumbing LLC wiil donate our additional $100. I wish I could match more, but business has been slow.

Sorry to hear the economy is just as bad in your area as it is in ours.

But, it was a pleasure to make a plumber get out a check book:face-icon-small-hap

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
It seems like we spend all our time and effort just trying to keep what we have, why not be more aggressive and make the extreme greenies sweat for a while?
Shut them out of the wilderness and see how they like it. :face-icon-small-win
A strong case can be made for sleds doing less damage than people on foot in the summer, and animals are more likely to flee from a person on foot than a machine.
Allow sled access as long as the snow is over (eg) 3ft deep.
This would also lessen sled use in the easier to access shared-use areas so skiers would have fewer sleds to contend with.

Just a thought-

good idea. instead of always struggling to keep the very little that we have point out the greenies and gain some riding areas. not to mention if the greenies are getting a lot of pressure from sledders they wont be worried about taking our land for a while but be more worries about keeping theirs.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Just sent in $50 to SAWS.

Also sent in $50 to the Blueribbon Coalition. Seems BRC might make better use of this $ for the cause of sled access. Read the policies of both SAWS and BRC.

Keep it up guys!

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I posted this in: Land Use: Every person who rides in Washington needs to read this and submit a comment!! , but have not gotten any input or replies. This holds true for all ares, SAWS is one of, if not our biggest advocate! Let's try it here. Help me donate more money!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to writing letters...
Join: SAWS - Snowmobile Alliance of Western States
They are our biggest voice! They stand toe to toe to all who propose to take away our lands. They have the legal knowledge to take our letters. our comments, our concerns and present them in our best interest. To show all those who question us what good stewards of the land we actually are.

I challenge everyone who sleds in WA, who is a member and reads the WA Riding Area Forum and ALL of SnoWest to:

1. Send in a comment: http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/forest-plan/contact/index.shtml (Thank you to newtrout for the link)

2. Join SAWS: Snowmobile Alliance of Western States

These are 2 simple things to do. It will take just a few minutes of your time, yet it will make a huge difference. Our strength is in our numbers and in our continued stewardship of the National Forests where we and our families play.

I just donated $50 to SAWS. Donation Link I urge everyone to give a small donation...$5 or whatever you can spare. Its a small price to help save the lands we love.

My business will match any donations made to SAWS up to $100. That means I will match any combination of contributions up to $100..... 10 people donating $5 + 5 people donating $10, etc.
Send me the donation conformation link via PM or e-mail and I will add them up til they reach $100, then send in my additional contribution of $100.

Lets all join together to do what we can to protect the lands we love

DeepDiver and I sent in $50 before you posted this. Feel like matching those?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Guys, we could really use letters from everyone in our fight here in Washington state. The cracker jack outfit we're going up against has a "1000 signature/letter campaign" going on. Just because you live out of state doesn't mean this stuff doesn't affect you. I write letters all the time for other states even Canada when these land issues come up.

You never know if you may move here, or ride here on a vacation or whatever. We appreciate the donations, but what we really need are the letters. Simple letters to the forest service in the above post by RMK 2112 and Newtrout supporting continued access, denouncing additional non-motorized areas.

Please leave emotion and foul language out. You may get what appears to be an error after hitting the send button however, they seem to be actually going through.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Please... If you can...

Call up or email your favorite sled related business (Magazines, dealers, hotels, parts mfgs, distributors like WPS etc)... let them know how important this issue is and ask them to help out the cause by sending in a considerable donation to SAWS or BRC.

Especially if you have an "IN" with these companies.

Let them know about this issue... that it affects the riding areas we all enjoy and that proposals like this, if they take root, can end backcountry sledding IN SHORT ORDER as we know it.

I understand that many of these business cannot dedicate any significant hours to the cause.. but, hopefully, they can donate to an organization that DOES and is in short supply of funding to make a difference

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Christopher: Now we just have to get SAWS and BRC to get involved with this issue.

Christopher,

Now that you mention SAWS...

When was the donation that the members of SnoWest forums provided through a portion of their fees made?

How much was it?

It is that kind of investment in the community that the owners of this site should continue to make... in a public way.

It has always been a contention of mine that it is the responsibility of all business ventures to invest in the health and prosperity of the community in which they extract their well being and their prosperity from.

Last edited:
Premium Features