• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05-06 700/900 Custom REAR Motor Mount Kits!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Fellow 05-06 RMK/Fusion/Switchback 755/866 owners (700/900)

I offered to help a friend get some info out there to you all that have the above chassis..(other years are in the works as well)

These were a limited time/custom made motor mount setup…most commonly used on 975cc, 1140 cc Big Bores AND Turbo builds for the above chassis.

Most importantly, since there is NO aftermarket help on REAR motor mounts these are the way to go..they will tie the engine down and reduce engine vibration dramatically. There is also a FRONT Torque Arm Assembly (just like the SLP kit) if you would like to go that route as well, the arm will bolt just in front of the throttle bodies to the side of the bulkhead (this is a HUGE for those using electric start as you cannot use an SLP torque arm with the starter kit), but regardless if electric start is used or not, this is a great addition for support.

I prefer to have Compfusion front motor mount on my sleds and i personally would direct ANYONE to use his front mount setup..they are TOP NOTCH and he is an amazing guy that really loves to help out…(Colin is a GREAT GUY, and has a great product and I am in NO WAY trying to step on his front motor mount sales). I believe they are the BEST in the business that is way I am only promoting the REAR mounts…

The Rear motor mounts will be SOLD for $100 for the BRACTETS ONLY..unless we can get several people interested, then they can be $75/set or LESS!!!!

The rear motor mount kit will include…

--2 REAR motor mount brackets

--1 front torque arm bracket

I have a spreadsheet that has ALL the required hardware with POLARIS P/N’s that you can order from your local dealer (i.e. motor mounts, bolts, torque arm ect) ..and there will be an install sheet that will be emailed to you as well, or printed and mailed if that is preferred.

The rear mounts will NOT mount to the OEM housing, but will mount to the rear of the bulkhead instead.

I will be getting these mounts shortly and will I TRY and get them installed ASAPi n my 05 RMK 900 to verify install accuracy, but I know most will wait to install them in the summer.

If you are interested in getting the brackets, please reply to this post or send me a PM with everything you are interested in..whether its REAR mounts, or just the front torque arm. I will add you to the list and once we get a couple people in for sure, the brackets will be mass produced, payments can be made prior to shipment. Price depends on quantity wanted..the more ordered the cheaper they will be…but $100 will be the highest amount…

Below are the pics of the rear motor mounts mounted on engine cases and the front torque arm to give you an idea of the setup.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
pics

here are some install pics and ideas so you know what your looking at..

Rear.jpg

Rear2.jpg

Rear3.jpg

TorqueArm2.jpg

TorqueArm.jpg

Sledpic2.jpg

Sledpic1.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
as i stated...i am in NO way promoting these front mounts...i am only promoting the rear..compfusion has been excellent to me and i will use his front motor mount setup as long as i run a 900...and i will continue to use them when i go 975 this summer ;)

this is MAINLY for the lack of rear motor mount support

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
After you recieve the brackets, and when you get to ordering the mounts and torque arm with the supplied polaris p/n's, here is a rough price list you will be looking at from the dealer

--2 rear motor mounts ($60)
--1 torque arm assembly ($60)
--misc nuts/washers/bolts ($30)

i personally would take the info from the sheet and get the HARDWARE from your local hardware store, and get GRADE 8 bolts, they will be alot cheaper then the OEM bolts

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
This is the same thing that Holz/Struthers came up with back in 2005 for the 900's...

Dub did a version of these as well for a while

These mounts were mainly designed to handle the brutal power that the twin piped, race gas 1140's were making. Also, as a system with the front mounts that came in the "kit" from Struthers, the mounts offered some adustment of alignment as opposed to ZERO adjustment with the stock mounts. Again this adjustment was possible when the Whole Mount system was used.

As far as vibration goes... I didn't notice any appreciable reduction in the vibration from the rear mounts alone.
Much of the perceived reduction in vibration was in sleds that run the entire front and rear parts of the original kit was purely coincidental... The 975 and 1140's benefited from more piston weight which had a positive effect on the dynamic balance of the rotating assembly.

Some were installed on 975's as well.

Also, bulkhead position is critical with these style of rear mount...

This is a pretty involved install that will require removal of the engine and rear skid/track/driveshaft to lay out, drill and install these rear mounts.

Depending on the location of the rear mount bulkhead stud holes, you may also need to delete the the front tunnel heat exchanger or use a custom one from VanAmburg...You will need to come up with the plumbing to get the coolant to the PTO side running board cooler.

There are other considerations and mods that need to be done as well..

Not for faint at heart...

IMO... The biggest advantage with these rear mounts is the ability to do a drop and roll using the current kits offered for the RAW chassis. To use one of the D&R kits, you would need to delete the Stock rear mount castings alltogether (the ones that mount to the bulkhead and carry the jackshaft bearing). You would also need to modify the steering hoop and fabricate new bulkhead braces that connect the shock tower to the steering post since the stock side plates over the motor would not work with the castings deleted. (like on the custom Holz chassis above.

A 2005 would need to be updated to the 2006 chaincase and get some other mods done to do a D&R using current kits for the RAW RMK's.

Good to see some action in this area.

I'm curious if you got the go ahead on this from Mark Holz or Jack Struthers... It would be bad Ju-Ju to make bad blood over this!

The pics of Chadmans custom Holz built chassis are pretty cool huh!!
Mark had a lot of ideas with that one that were evolved into the new RAW chassis design and would have been implemented on the 2007 900's if they would have made it to production.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Wow, only took about 30 seconds to load this page.

What type of mounts (for what application) do you order?

Last edited:
R
Oct 15, 2009
Sisseton, SD
Wow, after what mountain horse posted that sounds like more work than I would like to get into. I'll keep this in mind for when I turn the sled into a big bore turbo.:D

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Don't get me wrong.. this is a great price on some very good parts...IMO...especially in the low production run.

It was not my intent to berate the parts... just give a heads up on the "whole picture"

Guido, you do a lot for these fourms... epecially the 900... Thank you for that and for keeping the the breed alive!!

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
Wowsers!! Looked like a great concept to reduce some vibes, but a lot of extra work to implement the new mounts. Not to say that it's not worth it, but these things need all the attention they can get. I'm starting to think that a motor pull is mandatory every summer to make sure that all the mounts are good, and to check everything out properly!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT,

been out of town..if you are interested in getting these mounts let me know..read carefully..

I will work on getting more details...but i cant start the process w/o knowing if anyone wants in on them.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Wow, only took about 30 seconds to load this page.

What type of mounts (for what application) do you order?

i believe the OEM mounts are off the older Edge chassis..i would have to run the p/ns to verify..but i am not at home where the p/ns are at..

As far as vibration goes... I didn't notice any appreciable reduction in the vibration from the rear mounts alone.
Much of the perceived reduction in vibration was in sleds that run the entire front and rear parts of the original kit was purely coincidental... The 975 and 1140's benefited from more piston weight which had a positive effect on the dynamic balance of the rotating assembly.

you do not want to run the rear mounts w/o either running the front mounts in this setup or Compfusion mounts..with that combination, the vibration will be practically nothing...you do not want to use stock 05-06 front motor mounts

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
MTH,
I have a few questions for you on these mounts that might help all of us on snowest.

1) have you put a set of these mounts in?

I just put a set in my 06 900. I DID NOT remove a cooler, track nor any of the other things you speak of. Did pull the engine in and out 10 times till I got it where I wanted it and you do have to modify the rear mounts to put these in. You DO retain side supports as well.

2) If carls/holts dont want to put these out to the public why not. What are they hiding. lets the public have them.

I will agree with you on this being a lot of work. It is not a direct bolt in for the weekend.

Thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
2poor...

I have put the Holz 900 Rear mounts in...in my last 900... with Compfusions front mounts with the urethane upgrade on a stock 900 (866cc)

I didn't notice any difference in the vibration level... My motor: fully balanced clutch and flywheel, alignment was good, crank was done by Indy Dan, Holz rear mounts and torque arm, FNI Mag side torqe stop, compfusions front mounts, injectors flow matched (I went thru 4 sets to find 2 that matched).

My sled was as smooth as any 900 I've ever been on... before AND after the rear mount addition.

There was still a noticeable vibration from the motor above what is "normal" for a snowmobile.

The vibration diff came on the 975 and 1140's I've been on... More piston mass helps the dynamic balance of these engines... same was true for the aborted 935 Factory Polaris versions of this motor for the 2007 season.

If there is a 900/755 chassis that has alignment issues.. the front & rear mounts would make it possible to adjust the alignment which is NOT possible with the stock mounts or the stock/compfusion fronts with these rears alone.

Are you the person making them for Sean?

As for Holz/Struthers... they aren't hiding anything... the effort to make these few mounts is just not worth it to them for a motor that has been out of production for 4 years now... I just think it would be cool to get their blessing before copying the mounts is all... they put a lot of effort into the design.

I think it is great that someone is picking up the ball with these mounts...Checking with Mark or Jack would make it even better!

The design of the mounts was part of the whole custom Pre-RAW chassis development that influenced the design of the sleds now sold as RAW...You will see some similarites in chadmans custom Holz built sled above and the RAW chassis.

I'll probably run these mounts in my next 900 project... But for a a different reason...To facilitate the use of a currently offered D&R which is not possible with the cast rear mount/jackshaft support assy in the 06's

These mounts would come in handy for a 900 transplant into a current Dragon or Assault Roller... LOTS of other custom work as well... but easier than trying to convert a 900 chassis. You would need to use a 2 injector 2005 motor for clearance reasons as well as being able to use the RAW chassis fuel pump without having to re-invent the wheel.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Any updates?

LUBA...and the others who are interested in these mounts..

i am sorry that i have not had a chance to install and work these yet..its been a busy year for me, and money has been even worse..and so is time..

i have been on night shift from early jan (5pm-5am), i am finally going back to day shift (5am-5pm) on the 6th of feb..so hopefully i will have more time..

to be honest, i only have excusses at the moment as you can see, lol...but since i only have about 6 weeks left for me to ride my sled before my ACL surgery, i have no choice but to hold this off till the summer...i am getting a 975 kit in july, so it would be the best time frame for me to do this, w/o creating alot of work for me now that will keep me from riding..

again, i apologize for those that are looking at getting these..

I was going to be the one that installed these and fine tune the install instructions if they were not perfect...but if you would like to get these mounts still, dont hesitate...they are doable by anyone with some patience and understanding..

contact me if you want them now..and i will direct you on details..i have a list of people i need to PM still about them and have not done that either..

apologize...but dont let me hold you back...get them when you can..

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
No big deal. I will prolly get them in the summer too. I am done sledding for this year anyways. Never did get my 975 running right-----next year. Where do you plan on getting your 975 from?

your done riding huh, thats too bad man....thats too bad your 975 isnt running right...i wonder if its HTG work? bigddawg as you know as been having major issues as well..

i am getting the 975 from a buddy thats going 1140, its used, but well worth the price..and its a Carls build ;)

get ahold of me if you wanna order the mount brackets..and ill get you pointed in the right direction

Premium Features