• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: The official "What's gone wrong with this site" thread

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Right now we can't push the server to do that.
The load is just too high.
But once we get some new hardware in place, we will do just that.

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
I could not access the forum for the life of me last night. Kept getting a server denial. All other pages that I tried seemed to work fine. Finally gave up. Works now though.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
10-13-2009

Right now we can't push the server to do that.
The load is just too high.
But once we get some new hardware in place, we will do just that.

DEJA VU

There seems to be more emphasis put on "how do we get more premium memebrs" than keeping the ship floating. Didn't we have the summer to prepare for the prevention of another sinking of the boat?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I could not access the forum for the life of me last night. Kept getting a server denial. All other pages that I tried seemed to work fine. Finally gave up. Works now though.
We shut down the server for a little over an hour last night after it crashed to work on it.

Today we shut it down again this morning to make some MAJOR changes.

Now we wait and watch and see if our changes makes things better or not.

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
Okay, by popular request, you can now choose THREE options for the Chat Box.

- Top of the Screen
- Bottom of the screen
- Disabled.

Click the UserCP menu on the top-left, choose "Forum Options", and scroll down to the very bottom to see this setting.

I do not have this option....Has it moved or is it not activated on my acct....HELP Please!:face-icon-small-sad

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
For the time being it's like this. That will most likely change, but not sure when. Bear with us for a bit please. :)

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Snowest Prem. Membership.....its like renting a movie with commercials.

Don't charge me then litter my screen with ads that open up because my cursor happens to pass over it. Your getting worse than a **** site. I'm a prem member, a subscription holder to print version of snowest and sledheads both of which I enjoy reading but take out the ads and I couldn't even smash a fly with these skinny mags. Write stuff, that's why we subscribe. Snowest online...don't be so greedy. Ads for non paying members. No ads for prem members.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I can't believe your site bleeps out the word p o r n!

Really. Are you that uptight snowest? Must you be so PC?

M

mastertech

Mar 24, 2009
Cambridge/McCall Id.
www.snowestonline.com
Snowest Prem. Membership.....its like renting a movie with commercials.

Don't charge me then litter my screen with ads that open up because my cursor happens to pass over it. Your getting worse than a **** site. I'm a prem member, a subscription holder to print version of snowest and sledheads both of which I enjoy reading but take out the ads and I couldn't even smash a fly with these skinny mags. Write stuff, that's why we subscribe. Snowest online...don't be so greedy. Ads for non paying members. No ads for prem members.

I myself appreciate the adds. For example. I was in the market to buy a new track. I wasnt even thinking of Tracks USA. The day I was ordering one I saw the ad. I got the same track for 199.00 cheaper, and the advertiser got a sale..

Example 2. I was in the market for a beacon. Was going to buy it from cabelas because they had them on sale. But I went to Snowbigdeals.com and got it almost 15% cheaper.

Example 3. Ok you get the point!

I'm on here a majority of my day and I love it. But the only thing I see wrong is...There are no Hoodies for sale yet!!!

S
Take a slow server over an exclusive country club.

Removing features for free members instead of adding features to get people to pay. That's where this site went wrong.

:deadhorse:

Oh yippee, but I do have access to new smilie icons.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
bring this back up as i see it has been mentioned already. but quick reply without having to click the quick reply button just have it automatically set to be ready for text

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Database errors for up to 6 plus hours over the last couple of years.

Why did this NEVER happen prior to 2009 when Big D was runnning the show? Then when it starts happening, members are asked to pay to prevent it from happening again, yet it still continues.

I guess I have must just have to high of standards. Will this occurance be another blame something else saga? Or will someone finally step up and accept some responsibility? Why is it impossible for the people running this site to say, "We messed up"?

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
Database errors for up to 6 plus hours over the last couple of years.

Why did this NEVER happen prior to 2009 when Big D was runnning the show? Then when it starts happening, members are asked to pay to prevent it from happening again, yet it still continues.

I guess I have must just have to high of standards. Will this occurance be another blame something else saga? Or will someone finally step up and accept some responsibility? Why is it impossible for the people running this site to say, "We messed up"?

I'm completely sick of this crap site!! When I pay to get on I expect to get on... I log on to at least six different forums(diesel place,dootalk,etc) and never once not been able to get on. It seems to happen numerous times a month and that's unacceptable as far as I'm concerned! Maybe someone(owner) should step up and reimburse the payed members with credited months to subcription when ever the site unavailable. When dootalk goes down for service they will let everyone know about it in advance so that you can take care of your post before it's down.. Complete BS

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Funny thing is, in the Polaris threads, there was the same number of posts made during the outage on here as there were on the "other" site...Bwaaaaaaaaa. I missed my SnoWest this morning!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I am curious as to why I have to log in EVERY time, even though my pc and the site is supposed to remember me?
Funny thing, I realized the other day that I DON'T. It tells me I have to, if I log in incorrectly, or just click on the main page, it tells me I have used one of 5 login attempts (failed) and then I am logged in and taken to where I clicked.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
This is a Browser issue on your end. For years I never logged out, then my browser (FireFox) did an update...and now I get logged out periodically, and have to log back in.

I did a search awhile ago on Google, and saw it happening to others with different sites. I never did figure out a fix to it. Annoying as heck...but maybe next update can fix it, or at least I can hope so. I know I never changed any of my settings, and when I look through them, I don't see anything that I can change to fix this.

Premium Features