• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 800 big bearing kit ideas polaris?

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
2001 800 rmk stock
You being in Cusick, I would take to Cranky Joe in Spokane. I have his number if you want it. Or, you could send it to 1200psi, his price is lower than Joe's but you have to pay shipping. You also need to look into getting the primary freshened up and balanced- 1200psi does this as well, not sure about Joe because I forgot to ask him :doh:

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
Not to talk anyone out of the big bearing kit, but didn't Indy dan suggest that truing the crank and clutch was a better fix?

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
Not to talk anyone out of the big bearing kit, but didn't Indy dan suggest that truing the crank and clutch was a better fix?
Keeping the primary fresh and clean will help keep the crank from getting wobbly. Once its wobbly, IIRC Dan says it's a matter of when, not if. Indy Dan's mod is very extensive- new crank end, new clutch, machine work, etc but also comes with a price tag. Before Indy Dan started doing his kits, the big bearing mod was the accepted fix for the problem. But... it has to be done right (provide oiling for the bearings and make sure that the cases aren't all hogged out and trashed) or the crank can still fail. You can get the big bearing mod done for $500 or less, or shell out $2k for Indy Dan's motor. Unless you know for sure you will be keeping the sled for a very long time, I can't see spending $2k on a sled that's not worth much more than that. If I were a rich man, I'd get the Indy Dan bottom end, but I'm not so big bearing it is.

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
I gota say 2x on giving brad a call [1200psi] he can do all the work in one place and your done not to mention the best customer service . His contact info is avalable at poweraddiction racing .com

Premium Features