• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Complaint of new Forums -- Maybe it should be ISSUES WITH NEW FORUMS THREAD

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
All forums are configurable. I run a non snowmobile sites with a forum and there's nothing wrong with people chiming in some requests. I try to accomidate where possible in my own site, even so far as to add custom built features for my community.

In the least I'm sure there's a way to change PM limits, Avatar sizes, ect.. Sometimes admins just need to know what's important to the community.

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
I wondered that same thing. We have increased it to 7. 7 attached images also.

As for the minimum of 10 characters per post, that keeps people from replying just to say LOL or TTT. It's an attempt to keep at least some semblance of quality to every post. Of course, this is SnoWest so we know how high the quality of every post already is.

ROTFLMFAO:D

S
Nov 26, 2007
i think i would change these things
-the avatars need to be bigger
- the font size smaller so more posts fit on the screen
-set it up so it defaults to newest posts at the top (like the old forum)
-and save usernames for badly needed "Hall of Shame" starting with Nub, Fastrnu, and Snopropanther. :)

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
-and save usernames for badly needed "Hall of Shame" starting with Nub, Fastrnu, and Snopropanther. :)

You can change the amount of posts and the format in the user control panel. They don't have 100 like the old, but you can get 40 per a view. As well as set the newest posts first....

I personally want the newest at the end, that way I can read everything in order.

S

snoblinders

if your worried about posts per page how about you get rid of your ****ing sig, its bigger than your posts.

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Why should we bite our tongues when we see something we feel could be improved? Just because its free? If there is something that wastes bandwith and could be fixed, yet everyone keeps their mouths shut it just wastes the owners bandwith.

Sure, right now we are just chewing up bandwith, but whats the difference?

All someone has to do is ask and I'd be willing to help with anything I can.

Whoa! Easy there fella! :) Just having a little fun with you guys is all! Thought maybe people could give the admin folk a little bit of credit and a little more time to configure the forums (like give them a week to work the bugs out and change a few things). Just seemed like people were a little punchy to chime in with the "Bigger avatars, more PM space" etc, when admin might already be working it out, but just wanted to get the forums up and running for us and then fine tune it. No disrespect intended.

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Hopefully the uptime is much better now! I like how the forum actually seems to be APART OF the snowest website. And I like how you can color your text and even change the font type and size! And we have spell check now! It's also really cool how we can edit our posts right in the topic page! And Quick Reply is great as well!

Not really fond of the layout/look though - it's not as easy to see posts right away when you enter a topic. Could the background color of the profile header be changed? (There is so much white!) I liked how on the old forum, the profile advatar was off to the left of the post instead of on top. The topic review section below on the reply page of this new forum is also like that. If the topic pages were laid out similiar, it would also display more posts per screen. On the old forum, I could typically see 4 posts per screen, instead of two here (if everyone has sig lines).

Thanks for setting this up for us admin!!!

Last edited:
B
Dec 5, 1980
We appreciate all of the feedback and will assess the value of every suggestion. The idea of larger avatars, but smaller text sizes seem to be somewhat exclusive. Personally, as I'm looking at these lists of posts, I'm thinking that the avatars could actually be smaller to make it a smoother layout. Apparently, I'm in the minority...

I don't know all there is to know about the user control panel settings yet, but I would imagine that you can control the order of the posts there, as well as the text size, but I could be wrong. I will keep looking into it and let you all know what I find.

I've been a little busy today getting everybody's join date and post counts updated.

Darrin

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
I don't know all there is to know about the user control panel settings yet, but I would imagine that you can control the order of the posts there, as well as the text size, but I could be wrong. I will keep looking into it and let you all know what I find. Darrin

You are correct Darrin... There is alot of control for this stuff in the UserCP....

Premium Features