• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helicopter recovery service Needed

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
I would have thought it would look worse honestly, not like it matters since its a write off anyways.

Dec 30, 2008
Ramsey, MN
Holy Cow Batman...JUMPPPPP :eek:

Imagine watching your sled fly thru the air then instantly realize you have to ride your a$$ down the slope you just came up, I wonder if there was a brown streak down the slope

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
Ok...How about the rest of the story?????

Tumblina - When Mike came on here looking for a heli service, it was his first post. He said it was "not his story to tell" and I don't think he's on SnoWest much.

He had PM'ed me early on and I gather that the rider bailed before the launch and before that he had hit the "Nitrous" button. Don't know there is much else to say and it's not my story to tell either. He just asked me to post the pic's for him.......Sorry

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Mike and I have been PM'ing and talked on the phone. He asked me to post photos for him and he'll be back on telling the story and talking up the Heli crew.

Note the set of tracks that just go off into mid-air!

Well...WTH? Mike can tell it then???? THere is no shame on Snowest...Really there isn't......:rolleyes:

But yeah...looking at pics....:eek: Not sure I would want to relive THAT story.

R
Jan 8, 2009
My homeboy got off just in time.Glad its just the sled that took the fall and not my boy.The sled can be replaced my boy couldnt -Reeffzilla-

B
Helicopter recovery

I had to use High Line back in June of 91 it was my 2nd trip to Baker, I didn't even know I was on a glacier when I crested a hill and there it was my new home for 2 hours, it took that long before Rod Olson and his Friend came across my Friend who had no clue what had happened to me. Between all the sleds they had enough rope to reach me 50ft down in the crevice, on the way back to the truck to get a come along Rod had my buddy on the back of his sled and road off a 60ft cliff and broke his back!!!!! That ended the attempt to recover the sled with the come along as Rod need to go the hospital asap. Rod turned me on to High line I think the cost was $360.
I owe life to Rod And His buddy that day ,Baker can be a beautifully & dangerous place!!!!

P.S. My truck got the passenger door caved in while parked at the Jack Pot on Hy2 on the way home

Mt baker 1.jpg

S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
Way to one up the thread, that pic in the lower left is freaky....50' is crazy, I have heard stories of some of the crevasses on Baker that don't have a bottom........:eek::eek: Glad you didn't end up in one of those.
Cool story & Nice photos, thanks for sharing

attachment.php

Premium Features