• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Information on riding area

C
Dec 3, 2007
I'm looking for information for an area I would like to go riding in this winter and was wondering if anyone has ridden it. The area would be Steen's Mountain South of Burns. Any information would be appreciated.

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
Check out H2Oregon.com, there are more Oregon people on there and may be able to answer your question. I have never ridden down there so I can't help you.

M

mtn_rider08

Dec 17, 2007
Prineville, OR
I've never rode there but i do know people who have. If you PM Stonecold on the forums, he might be able to help you out. He has rode there a few times. Looks like a great area to ride, I'd like to try it myself.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Steens

I used to work in wildland fire in Frenchglen and the Steens country is by far my favorite place in all of OR!!! I know a bit of it is wilderness, but if you can get some info let me know what you come up with I would love to see that country in the Winter!!!

wheresthesnow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Kennewick, WA
I was at Moon one time and got my doors blown off by a guy from Burns, he was on an Ultra with a Union Bay engine, he either owned or worked at the Polaris shop in Burns, he said they rode the Steen's a lot, you could check there for info.

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
One year while coming back from Cooke City we stopped buy the BLM in Burns and asked about sledding in the Steens Mtn's.
They said you had to sign out a key to open the gate and also have a guide. Was also told that you had to stay on the main road..:confused:

Premium Features