• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking into a phazer.

S

snowmansimon

Jan 6, 2008
Fort Mcmurray/New Brunswick
Im in the market for a new sled and I am undecided as to what I want. I'm pretty much decided on a 4 stroke and Im really considering the phazer mountain lite. Keep in mind I am living in New Brunswick Canada and our winters are hit and miss and usually involve rain after snowfalls. So I dont have a need for a huge 162 track or anything of that nature. Also I am riding a 1996 formula s 380 with a 136x1.75 track with 8000km's on it. This sled had gotten me around but of course it lacks in the motor. So with all that I think jumping to a 500 liquid with a 144 would be a nice step up. The biggest problem I am having is I can't find a used phazer mountain lite within a days drive. There is a few short track and so far 1 mountain lite. The mountain lite has 9000km's on it which im worried about.

So I was thinking of picking up a short track phazer (most have 2500ish km's on them) and putting on a long track. Anyone out there make rail extensions for these? can I go 121 to 144? Any advice on the one with 9000km's on it? The reason I'm worried is my current sled has 8000km's and its starting to give some problems and I find myself out alone quite often and im looking for something a little more reliable.

Pretty much just looking for any advice on purchasing a phazer. Also they all go for around 6000cdn. be it a short track with low miles or the long track with high miles.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
i have a good friend who has one..way down on power and while it will be a step up from the 380..you will be wanting more power in a couple of rides..they are pretty fun on packed trails..and flat less then 10 in.of new pow on hard base..but any deeper and it is a sticker..seems like he has done alot of work on the suspension trying to get it to ride and handle better as well...he has talked about turbo for it but they run about 140 hp and then you need more track and skid as well so it is alot of money output to compete with a stock 700....if you get a chance try a new polaris 600 rmk..they rock for a 600 my son has the cfi 155 sled and it is a riot to ride and just stomps on my buddies phazer....

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
A buddy has one, he really likes it. Mainly for the handling, and responsiveness (spelling) to rider input. It could use more power, however he does get around the mountians pretty good for only 80 hp! Takes it places where I didn't think it could go!

S

snowmansimon

Jan 6, 2008
Fort Mcmurray/New Brunswick
Keep in mind elevation around here is a few hundred feet. Mostly flatland. We don't get 3 foot snowfalls. The 380 does its job just looking for the next step up. From the sounds of it the phazer would do what im looking for. If I was riding up in the mountains I think it would be a different story.

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
I have an 07 Phazer Mountain Lite. They're comfortable to ride, maintanence free, dependable and fun. For only 80 hp they go surprisingly well due to their strong torque curve. They are not meant for deep powder or for climbing the steep hills but they are fun. The others are right, if you think you're going to mod it and be competitive, it's an expensive route to get the equivant of a 700. The best thing for you to do is to ride before you buy and compare one to another. Oh, and one more thing, they ain't exactly "Lite", you get it stuck and you'll find out. JMHO

Premium Features