• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 clutching.

H
Dec 16, 2007
Big Bay
I have a 2006 M7 and i always here of people talking about doing clutch work to the M7. I live in the UP of Michigan and was wondering what i you guys recomend as far as clutch work for the M7. thanks ethan

L
Nov 29, 2007
Farmington, Mn
I ride a 05 M7 141. Mostly ride off trail in the UP now or ditch banging around Minnesota. Here is what I run and am completely happy with it.
Stock M 36 helix
75 gram weights
Primary spring 0646-248 orange/white
Sec spring 0648-774 orange
shift assist bearing in the secondary
back the white plastic adjuster all the way off until it bottoms out.

This setup works good in ALL conditions for me including trail riding.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
For off trail and hillclimbing

I found the stock setup to upshift ok, but the backshift was terrible

Played with other setups that had great backshift and refused to upshift.

The best combo of both I found was use a multi angle helix, I believe I was using a 42-36 full progressive and the TEAM secondary spring setup. I was using a Red/White TEAM and had good success with a stiff SLP primary spring(120/340).

I was using the stock 68 gram weights at 8-10k. This was with an RKT Head and Speedwerx pipe.

Luke The Drifter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
The stock clutching is marginal at best. I ended up buying a Supreme Tool 11" secondary. It took a bit to get it dialed, but with the help of a super knowledgable member on here (sidehill) I got it pretty much setup, might need a little more fine tuning but its pretty good at the moment. I'm using the carlisle belt, green snopro spring and 53* helix in the secondary and 60g weights with a yellow/white spring in the primary. Might swap in a green/yellow spring, not sure yet. Either way I know that its a night and day difference compared to the stock setup.

Premium Features