• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatchers Pass 10/14/08/.........Ride

B
Nov 26, 2007
Well Ill Tel you a story folks. and aprently this wasent my day. Started by driving out to eagle river when low and behold my trailer hitch pops out. Weld Broke:eek: so the trailer was holding on by the chains oh yeah that was fun! So i called a buddy came and got it. Fast Foward to Hours Got to eagle river gased up and ready to go meet 2 forum members out there and had a GREAT ride. DiD not hit ONE rock. got in some sweet carves maybe 2-3 deep in areas.

Heres the sad part. Was Driving home and our driver - WHo Shall be nameless- Took a corner a Little to fast and the trailer goes in the ditch. Almost got stuck in it. We look back

NO SLEDS ARE ON THE TRAILER:eek: and yes we had tiedowns and the works.

I look and my M7 and his rev are upside down in a ditch.. Great... so we run over to them. I lost all my collant my hood is cracked all to chit Steering Post is bent,tunell is bent 1 inch on the left side and my brave lever is looking at me now lol.

We flip up his rev. yup you guessed it. 0 damage. So we Drop the sled off at pauls in earle river arctic cat and im having a insurance person gona come by and do a estmate this week. They said 2-4 weeks before i get my sled back.

Yup MY day officaly sucked. Question is Who Did I piss off for this :D

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Maybe you'll piss yourself off when you can't ride the M7 this weekend after more fresh snow.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Thats my back up sled too! but mines an 01 and when the rev clutch busted the motor was blown on the cat lol... so it didnt make much of a back up sled. Well im sledless at the moment besides an mxz 600 and the SRX so iv got 2 weeks before my sleds are together so we should go riding then.

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Sorry to hear that bro...with that being said...BAHAHAHAHAHAAA, bet you guys were freaking out for a bit, bummer. If it makes you feel any better Ill be riding tommorrow.

B
Nov 26, 2007
you would have been so proud to see how fast i ran over to my sled. I dont think the truck was stopped:eek:

When you go. The upper Swamps arent froze over yet and there really isnt much for a base. Just enough for road covarge but up higher theres like a foot more snow. You will see our tracks we went up and left.

B
Nov 26, 2007
you would have been so proud to see how fast i ran over to my sled. I dont think the truck was stopped:eek:

When you go. The upper Swamps arent froze over yet and there really isnt much for a base. Just enough for road covarge but up higher theres like a foot more snow. You will see our tracks we went up and left.

oh it was Crazy And Rev Guy that went with me. Im not gona say who was driving .:eek:

B
Nov 26, 2007
Holy s**t , all that happened after I left? Did it happen on the hatchers road?

Well now we know who drove lol.

Yeah he whiped a turn and the trailer got out. went into the ditch and BAM. Sleds were upside down and i was freaking the fukkk out.

Hey How did I do for a First time Guide lol.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Sounds like your jumpin one the white M band wagon aye? We finally got the rest of the 09 tunnel parts in for the 06. Bros taken em to get powder coated white then its upto the feller on here helpin him out to do the cutting and welding, should be sicc. The black tunnels gonna make all the white pop. It WILL induce vomitting.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Hatchers is an evil-evil place. I think some old gold miners ghosts hang around there...

my hatchers incidents:
1) hood/bumper/new paint
2) bent spindle
3) garmin gps
4) my truck got hit coming down the palmer side
5) chaincase explosion
6) cracked tunnel and bruised ribs
7) reed failure
8) lost emergency kill doo-dad...needed towed over the top palmer side.

the first four are mine, the rest are split between 3 buddies...

all in all about a 50% broken/hurt/failure rate. Not so good in my book.

Glad you guys are ok, and nobody got hurt. Besides, if they are replacing a hood and a tunnel, it may be a good time to upgrade to Van Amburg....see how much extra it is for them to put the tunnel on while its in the shop. Your skid may be bent as well, call timbersled...he he he

Ride/Drive safe everyone....

Stewart ....STFU, you know were going tomorrow! Why jinks us???

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Let us know what you find out, i think im gonna give Chad a call about it.

HAHA he was pullin my bros leg.. its 1500 for that tunnel, WHOOOPS

Last edited:
Premium Features