• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OHV use in Idaho threatened

S
Feb 11, 2008
To all that are concerned the forest service in Idaho is currently working on plan to allow no motorized use off of designated roads or trails. This doesn't concern snowmobile use yet, but I know most of you also have 4wheelers and motorcycles.

This includes going off the road a short way with a pick-up to gather firewood. The forest service is using this to close roads and trails that are currently in use. I just thought everybody should be made aware to keep an eye out for this as they want a plan in effect by the spring of 09. The name of this is DRAMVU, they are planning as we speak and will have a public comment period about this coming up, but hasn't been anounced of yet. I believe this is forest by forest so we will have to keep an eye out on all fronts.

This was brought to my attention from somebody that works for the forest service and they said this is the scariest thing they have seen.

Shane

Premium Features