• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tonys Grove limited Spring riding?

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
yep looks like we won't be able to ride up there in June. Last may I went up there and when we got there the ranger told us "now these are snow machines just ride on snow not dirt." he said people were riding on the dirt and plants. Sucks that people have to ruin it for the rest of us

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Interesting.

A buddy and I rode tony grove on fathers day last year.
Rode a total of about 40 feet on dirt... At least 30 feet of it was a dirt road.
I think someone posted on here about going the week after and was told by the ranger that snowmobiling was over.
I just can't imagine damage to plants... Its just too rocky to ride without snow.
I also would be willing to bet there is no evidence now of damage from last spring.

Still need to follow rules nonetheless.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
is it in writing on the forest service books and laws? If issued a ticket would it hold up in court? Im pretty sure the answer is no and no... ride on...

any change in motor vehicle use would require due process of study, plan, comment period, etc... unless its an executive order signed into law.

Im not above suing the forest service over sneaky things like this!!!

troyby

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2005
Kaysville, Utah
is it in writing on the forest service books and laws? If issued a ticket would it hold up in court? Im pretty sure the answer is no and no... ride on...

any change in motor vehicle use would require due process of study, plan, comment period, etc... unless its an executive order signed into law.

Im not above suing the forest service over sneaky things like this!!!

have you ben to bountful lately? wait till you see the new fence blocking off the last mile or so of the road.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
wait... what?

i didnt get up there all summer... where exactly is this fence?

Massive fence is right were you drop down Mill Creek. Right before you get ready to make the winding trail up to banner. It's kind of in a meadow area where there are some big mud holes. I think they put it there to stop motorocycles and atv's from ridng the great western trail into Grandview area, and to stop people from heading down Mill Creek (Muller Park canyon)

It won't stop sleds, but might be a little difficult with low snow conditions.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Massive fence is right were you drop down Mill Creek. Right before you get ready to make the winding trail up to banner. It's kind of in a meadow area where there are some big mud holes. I think they put it there to stop motorocycles and atv's from ridng the great western trail into Grandview area, and to stop people from heading down Mill Creek (Muller Park canyon)

It won't stop sleds, but might be a little difficult with low snow conditions.

serious? hahaha i used to take my bike down that trail all the time, then you could climb up the steep chute and catch the ridge trail back in over towards grandview... nothing illegal, it aint posted either... plus mueller park is supposedly open to motorbikes???

sad thing is im sure people have already started to tear up more forest trying to get around the fences...

Premium Features