• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help, can't shut my sled down

S
Dec 10, 2007
Sask
I fired up my wifes 08 600 Switchback yesterday and I couldn't shut it down. Neither the kill switch or the key would work and the check engine light is flashing. It runs perfect, but the only way to shut her down is too pull the plug wires off. Never had this problem before. Everything was fine when I parked it back in April. Just hoping for any ideas before I drive 3hrs to the stealership.

Thanks,Quinton

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
I have a buddy with an 07 d7 that is having the same problem, we are trying to troubleshoot but would like to hear anybody else's thoughts

A
Aug 9, 2008
check the wires coming off the stator. trace those wires through the wire harness and make sure all plugins are good and tight. the kill switch grounds the curcit coming off the stator and thats how the sled shuts down and right now its running constantly open so none of your switches work. romving the plastic cover on top of tyhe clutch cover that holds the spare belt will reveal the problem most likely.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Should be a lone black wire if it is like the older sleds coming out the stator/starter area. See if it is connected or cut off.

S
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, MN
check the flux capacitor. jk. it will be the black wire off the stator of the main ground plug in or one of my old sleds i got oil in there somehow and it worked its way apart.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
It's strange that it happened now when it was fine when you put it away???

Check for mouse teeth marks on your wiring.
Those little bastages love the taste of wire insulation.:confused:

Until you find the problem I would just choke it to kill it.
Pulling the wires off when it's running will give you a little "Surprise" !

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Not sure if this is possible with a snowmobile ...I had a SeaDoo Xp Limited and when the guy came over to look at buying it I couldnt get it to shutoff..pulled the teather and all. Ran the RPMs up fairly high also...turned out to be a Crancase breather hose had a crack in it next to the hose clamp and it was basically "deiseling" Had it been in the water with a load on the motor It would probably not have done that.

Premium Features