• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

greasing jackshaft bearing?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
On my sled there is a grease fitting on the bearing right behind the secondary.

There is another one lower by the speedometer cacle.

oops screwed up ... the grease fitting is on a 2004 Polaris and not the 2005.

Sorry for the error. My bad.

Last edited:

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
On my 06 there is a small hole (size of tip of a pen) in the flange behind the seconday. You need a needle point grease fitting for your grease gun. Bought mine at Schucks.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
i didnt see one on mine

The bearing on our 900 RMK is sealed.

Meaning the grease and bearing are sealed inside a rubber housing.
There is no gease fitting nor any need to grease it for a very long time with many many miles.

This bearing should last more than 25,000 miles unless anyone of 3 things happen.

1. Soak the bearing in caustic solution like seawater.
2. Break the rubber seals allowing contaminants to enter.
3. Penetrate the seals with a fluid that will break down the grease. A perfect example of this would be to get some WD40 and spray it into the bearing. The WD40 will dissolve the grease and cause the bearing to fail.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Donbrown,
Can I assume your last post is a correction? Second post you said you had one, last post not. I can pull my clutch off to confirm of course, but not while I'm here at work and I'm curious, I didn't think there was one there.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Donbrown,
Can I assume your last post is a correction? Second post you said you had one, last post not. I can pull my clutch off to confirm of course, but not while I'm here at work and I'm curious, I didn't think there was one there.

I had a brain fart on the second post and messed up which sled had what.

I have an 2004 with a grease fitting there and confused it with the 2005 which does not have a grease fitting there.

Plus the Yama has one, and our Cat has one.

Took the numbers off the 2005 bearing and called a shop and they confirmed it is a sealed pregreased bearing.

Sorry for the scew up. My apologies.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
on my 07 Dragon RMK (just bought it) it has a decal stating to grease jackshaft/driveshaft bearings every 1,000 miles. Mine has a fitting for the driveshaft but nothing for the jackshaft, it's a sealed bearing. I have a needle to grease with but not sure if I want to "poke" the sealed bearing. Any issues?

Premium Features