• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Off Subject: looking for an engineering position

S
Jan 1, 2008
Chanhassen, MN
I just got laid off at work today and I am in need of a job. I graduated last december from Minnesota State University - Mankato with an engineering degree so I am looking for a engineering or technically related job. I thought this would be a good way to find out if anyone knows of any. its a pretty large network! :) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

H

Have2rider

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Engineering

Try searching Cooper Power or Cooper Industries, there is an office in Plymouth, MN. I know we have lost one, if not two, Manufacturing Engineers lately. Also there should be something about a technical cunsultant. Dont be fooled by titles, it might be worth looking into. The plymouth office is current one of few offices profitable enough to grow, though Cooper may have other manufacturing positions open around the country.

Dont be discouraged to apply for jobs you cant commute to. Most companies wont tell you about their relocation policies in a job posting. But if you get asked in for an interview you can alway ask what kind of help there is. Might want to wait until the second interview or if you get hired. Once they offer you the job you can always negotiate relocation terms.

With technology now days you may be able to work remotely, full or part time.

Good luck

Probably should have PM you.

Premium Features