• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AMDS or TEAM CC

AMDS or Team CC

• Total voters
S
Dec 30, 2007
AK
I havn't placed an order yet on a 146 Summit 600 E-TEC. Who should I buy from? What experience have some of you had at these dealers with sales and service?

M
Jan 1, 2008
Never again

When the guys lied to my face last Spring about Whittier being closed to riding I swore that I would never do business again at AMDS:mad:

CC gets all my business:)

Mark

G
Dec 1, 2007
Girdwood, Alaska
I would not drop a single dime at either. I used to buy my sleds from Tope when he was a dealer, but after he quit I started getting sleds and parts from Washington. It was cheaper, the service was 100x better, and I did not have to deal with anyones ego.

I ride IQ's now... so I don't keep up with what dealer is good. But as of 3 years ago they both sucked imo.

The only ski doo dealer I would even do any business with is Birkshore (sp?), I have bought a few motors from them and they have always been super laid back and easy to deal with.

R

RATED-X

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2007
Wasilla
Valley CC has consistently treated me the best. ER CC is alright I guess I dont go there much. I only go to AMDS during the million dollar garage sale.

U
Sep 21, 2008
Kaysville UT
I was always a ER CC shopper.. There was a day when AMDS was good.. About 3-4yrs ago they was a good shop.. They've since fired all there good part guys..

The parts department and service department at CC are 10x better than AMDS..

Jason at ER CC will take care of you..

Nick.. sorry bud.. Jump ship.. don't be a chicken chit..

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Even though I work right down the street from AMDS and it only takes me 3 mins to drive there....I still make the drive and go to CC. Both Wasilla and ER.

CC all the way.

Last edited:
A
Apr 30, 2008
Anchorage, AK
AMDS is the reason I bought a new M8. I walked around in there for 15 minutes, and no one would give me the time of day. I went next door. Justin at the Arctic Cat store was very helpfull (immediately), and even told me ways the XP's and Dragons were better/different.

My father had a similar experience this year also, a few days later, and drove to CC to buy his XP.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Before I switched over to Yamaha, I bought quite a few machines through AMDS. They were always good to me and helped me out with racing. I just bought a take off track from them last season and it was a great deal, no problems.

I don't care for CC. Years ago, my MX 470 burned down a second time for no apparent reason while under warranty. The owner accused me of switching out the plugs before I brought it in and was not going to warranty it. His accusations were completely false. He eventually warranted the sled after it going to the district rep. I quit doing business with them after that unless they were the only one who carried a particular item. Back then they were a very small shop and I'm thinking most of their income came from their auto-body business. They've definitely grown since then so I'm sure mine was an isolated experience.

I'd guess we've all had bad experiences at every shop so these threads can quickly get out of hand. Some of the things I've read in this Alaska forum about shops can get too personal in my opinion.

P
Feb 15, 2008
yea i just bought my new sled form ER CC and Jason actuall sold it 2 me seems like a great guy told me what he thought ... personal experiences he had with sleds and problems with them ... seemed a s*** load more friendly than any one is at amds these days ... amds seems to act like they care about the people coming in looking 2 spend 4 a new sled other wise you seem get treated like s***

S
Dec 30, 2007
AK
A$$wipe

Before I switched over to Yamaha, I bought quite a few machines through AMDS. They were always good to me and helped me out with racing. I just bought a take off track from them last season and it was a great deal, no problems.

I don't care for CC. Years ago, my MX 470 burned down a second time for no apparent reason while under warranty. The owner accused me of switching out the plugs before I brought it in and was not going to warranty it. His accusations were completely false. He eventually warranted the sled after it going to the district rep. I quit doing business with them after that unless they were the only one who carried a particular item. Back then they were a very small shop and I'm thinking most of their income came from their auto-body business. They've definitely grown since then so I'm sure mine was an isolated experience.

I'd guess we've all had bad experiences at every shop so these threads can quickly get out of hand. Some of the things I've read in this Alaska forum about shops can get too personal in my opinion.

I've heard the owner of cc is a complete A$$wipe, isolated incident or not I don't know? Thats why I made this post.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
I like ER C.C. but if I need a part I end up going to Alaska's Most Disapointing Shop just because it is near my house. I tryed to buy a sled there last year and had to deal with Nick Ballsmack or something and all he wanted to do was text message will I was talking to him.

D

Double L

Nov 26, 2007
The PC
They all seem to be pretty bad these days. I'm getting my third doo from AMDS just becuase of price. I always go online and find the actaul skidoo parts # when I need parts and bring them with me. It's so frustrating when these guys turn their computer around and ask you to point out the part you are looking for. I did although have a real good experience with valley CC last winter when I needed chaincase parts. The guy I dealt with was very knowledgable and gave me some goods tips. I'm sure it's hard for any of these dealers to keep many of the good guys simply because of what they pay them. It can't be much.

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
IMO ....I would have to say cc in the valley, amds had gotten rid of there last good parts guy,when i ask for a part i dont want to see the guy going over and asking his buddys/coworker/employees which part is right for me. dustin at the valley store knows his chit. they may not be cheaper, but the costumer service is good. pricing is better on the sleds at cc than amds, i think amds is all about the money now days and not satisfaction. again that is my opinion. good luck.

Last edited:
Premium Features