• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo on a D8

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
I have a few question on turbo's . Would a turbo work good for boondocking seem's to me the lag would make it not work so good . Are they reliable ? Dose anyone have one and boondock with it? And do you have to ajust the control box alot if so for what reasons? I always here the pro's but what about the con's?

A

ARTIC CAT BUM

Dec 8, 2007
Hansen,Idaho
Turbo's

Call Shane Hart at Hart's Motorsports./ Hm Turbos in Lolo, Mt and He can tell you about the D8 with a turbo I'm have him build one right now, I rode one this spring with his setup and it was awesome...

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
People say there is no turbo lag did you feel like there was any? Do you think it would work for boondocking? And did you guy's have to adjust the box during the day?

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Cons your friends will be pissed.

Without the large intercooler on these new kits and even on low boost the lag is almost nill and you can adjust to it with ease. With the ADA system there is no need to adjust the box all the time.

Check this link out at the lower end of the page there is a yellow button with a BD vid.

http://www.extremeteamfilms.com/index-5.html

Last edited:
R
Mar 21, 2008
Turbo

Turbo's are the funnest sled to ride on the mnt. As long as things are working right.

I have a HMR 600 Turbo. Boondocking is great. It is like riding a stock 600 on the bottom end when your moving in and around the trees. When you start building rpm's, your fuel pressure builds and that engages the turbo. Hammer the throttle and hang on. They are not just point and shoot sleds anymore..

Turbo sleds are just like any other mod sled out there. You are always looking and tinkering with something under the hood. Whether it be a blown hose, burnt out exhaust doughnut or just some electrical problem...They are fun, with a little headache every now and then..

My 2 cents.

Premium Features