• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI CR RACING new RAW chassis tunnel sides!! NICE!!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
CR Racing tunnel side kit and running board upgrade...
From CR Racing Website:
This is the new replacement running boards for the dragons. It allows your full boot to fit in the running board and utilizes the factory cooler. Made from T6061 .080" material to provide the strength you need.

It's good to see that Chad decided to make this tunnel addition that uses the stock tunnel roof...

I sent him and Ted at TerraAlps concept drawings of this mod 2 seasons ago....no interested at the time... hope to see more tunnel mods like this out there... no need to re-invent the wheel.... [Hint Hint VE and Ted]

Once you look at the cost of the mandatory upgrade of better boards [or similar] on the running boards of a stock tunnel.... this tunnel mod is not that bad for price...and you dont have to change the cooling system around.

PLUS

You get a trick look...wider running boards, drop some wieght too....

They could anodize these as well (for an up charge) and have some wicked colors.
Your sled would certainly stand out in the crowd.

CR Racings stuff is TOP NOTCH and Chad is a great guy to deal with!!

Link to CR Racing: http://crracingcanada.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=45_52&products_id=329

Dragontunnelsides.jpg

This Pic shows the CR Tunnel sides installed on a stock Dragon Tunnel Roof... Thanks SKRAT!
l_bcab3f60cf25404da95e6c5a27a99704.jpg

Here is an example of one of their powdercoated tunnels... the sides would look wicked in this color or White/black like darkos Nitro!! (the Powder coating will help keep snow from sicking too!

DragonTunnelREd.jpg

Darkos (EX) Nytro... Saaaweeet! The white with Black trim would look great on the new white Dragon!!

darkonytro3qy0.jpg

Last edited:
H
Aug 29, 2001
wasnt it the movie dirty work that the dude had the dog all the time and they kept talking about how he was fingering the dog?

well seriously whens the last time we saw a picture of casey(darko) or sled without his dog? lol

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I'd have to look at a stocker, but do you have to cut the sides or does it go over the top?

Once you look at the cost of the mandatory upgrade of better boards [or similar] on the running boards of a stock tunnel.... this tunnel mod is not that bad for price...and you dont have to change the cooling system around.

what is the cost?

Looks really nice, unless the cost is real close to installing better boards, I dont see a big benifit. You gain some traction on that rear foot rest, and its open all the way through. Is there a strength gain?

Also what if you are extending from 155" to 163"???

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
????

These look really nice, but the overall question, which excuse my niavity, but how the hell would you put them on? Im assuming which usually gets me in trouble, but you have to cut your stock ones off and basically disasemble your tunnel, rivet these on or get somebody like my little brother that is a certified welder, have him aluminum weld these babies on and then put it all back together. Im sure this is a great product but realistically it doesnt look like something that the average Joe can do, like installing better boards? Please correct me if I am wrong and or enlighten me.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hmmmm, can you plumb those for running board coolers?

wasnt it the movie dirty work that the dude had the dog all the time and they kept talking about how he was fingering the dog?

well seriously whens the last time we saw a picture of casey(darko) or sled without his dog? lol

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA.

And a little "Silence of the Lambs" going on here too.....

"Precious....Here Precious."

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
But in the long run it ($800) might cost less than a new CR Racing tunnel. Those are $1,600 in Canucky bucks.

These look really nice, but the overall question, which excuse my niavity, but how the hell would you put them on? Im assuming which usually gets me in trouble, but you have to cut your stock ones off and basically disasemble your tunnel, rivet these on or get somebody like my little brother that is a certified welder, have him aluminum weld these babies on and then put it all back together. Im sure this is a great product but realistically it doesnt look like something that the average Joe can do, like installing better boards? Please correct me if I am wrong and or enlighten me.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
The raw tunnel is a 5 piece assembly... the tunnel sides are riveted on the stocker ... from the factory...

Un rivet the stock sides and put these on...Pretty straight forward actually!!

A close look at your Dragon tunnel, or any RAW tunnel for that matter, will give you the answers.

MH out

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The raw tunnel is a 5 piece assembly... the tunnel sides are riveted on the stocker ... from the factory...

Un rivet the stock sides and put these on...Pretty straight forward actually!!

A close look at your Dragon tunnel, or any RAW tunnel for that matter, will give you the answers.

MH out

Yah, most of them are the self-piercing PITA rivets. I know if just seems real simple, but there would be a ton of work involved. Looks like to me you would have pretty much a complete tear down. At that point if you are spending that much why not pony up and just put a tunnel on. That may actually be less time consuming. (talking without spendig a lot of time thinking about it here)

Looks like a good product, just trying to figure out in my mind, if the juice is worth the squeeze?

Well if I didnt just finish all the fab work for my drop and roll I might consider it.
Next year when I go longer it would be nice or maybe just a new tunnel... :D

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
I can definately see your point but with a bit of careful work with a grinder and a punch and you should give good results, pretty quickly.

The cost is about HALF of a full tunnel. for 98% of the features of a full blown replacement... plus shipping would be much more reasonable as the package would be smaller.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Looks like Kinzer is the first one.... nice job.

I'd like to see Power Addiction / VanAmburg / Fabcraft put their twist on this.

The RAW chassis stock integrated, full-length, cooler is probably the lightest way to make a tunnel.

I'd like to see chad move the rear mounting point of the running board edges up to the top cooler/roof extrusion like stock instead of relying on the tunnel sides to add support.

Premium Features