• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jetting 36mm flatslides for an 84' phazer

P
Apr 17, 2008
I recently bought a rack of 36mm flatslide Mikunis for my 84 Phazer and was wondering if anyone had Info on Jetting, needles, etc? The carbs came off a 98 V-max 600 sx. I ride at anywhere from 7000 to 11500 feet so I'm sure the stock setup, ( which these carbs appear to have in them), will be way to rich

136 x 1.5 Track
17-33 Gearing
7 Tooth Drivers
Cold air kit
Aaen can pipe
Doing summer 2008
36mm Flatslide Carbs
Gutted Airbox
Aaen Hi- Alt ported Cylinders
Wiseco SX cut Pistons (.40 Over)
1 Layer removed from head gaskets

Last edited:

catssuk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Edgerton Wi.
honestly id use the carbs you have on that sled already. its a bullet proof moter[[i have an 85 485 phaser:cool:]]{ and it has over 13000 miles on it} just lean it out for that high elevation.. i dont think you can really get more hp out of it even though the stock carbs are roundys. dont no if this helps you out any.chris.

Last edited:
B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
The orig. carbs work ok but you cannot jet the mid range. Their are rubber plugs inside the bowl that will cause problems. Performance wise go with the round slides. Half to three quarters throttle you will burn them down with orig carbs. Timing advance and unable to richen this area. Esp with a performance pipe.

Premium Features