• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 RMK 700 been sitting un-used for 5 years

W
Oct 2, 2008
Hi Guys,

A buddy of mine is selling his RMK 700 , it only has a few hundred KM on it but it has been sat outside for 5 years now not being used. It was covered by a tarp and under a tree but thats it. He wants to sell it for $2500. Do you think it would be worth it ? What sort of problems might it have from sitting around for so long?

any help is greatly appreciated !

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
I agree, but it just might last more than 100 miles. The Alum. cases let moisture get inside the engine, which rusts the bearing and then they let go at some point.

The fuel will have to be drained and flushed, the carbs cleaned, etc.

$2,500 is kinda top dolllar for one that has been taken care of. This thing has been neglected. I'd pass.

B
Sep 21, 2004
I agree, but it just might last more than 100 miles. The Alum. cases let moisture get inside the engine, which rusts the bearing and then they let go at some point.

The fuel will have to be drained and flushed, the carbs cleaned, etc.

$2,500 is kinda top dolllar for one that has been taken care of. This thing has been neglected. I'd pass.

I agree...definitely top dollar. I just bought a 2007 600 H.O RAW chassis RMK at the denver snow show for $3,050!!!! Pass it like hybrid passes gas stations!

D
Five years under a tree sounds like trouble for sure. Especially if you're near the coast. Was the sled just sitting on the ground? Have a look under the hood. If there is any white corrosion on the aluminum (clutches engine etc.) do yourself a favour and stay away from it. More than likely be internal engine corrosion and rust that will result in an expensive failure a long ways from the road.

Premium Features