• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What code is this?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
troublecodes-1.jpg

C
Dec 3, 2007
I'm having this same problem. I just picked up my "new" sled last weekend. Brought it home and started it up and noticed the "check engine light" was on and blinked (8) times, stopped, would go on in this same pattern. The sled that I bought is a 2009 800 Dragon RMK 163. I'm just wondering if this MFD Blink Code is the same for my 2009 sled also and if it is where would I look to fix this problem. My problem is that the dealer I bought my sled from is quite some distance from where I live. I'm not a mechanic I just love to ride my snowmobile. Any information would be appreciated.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Diamond is right on....

to add to his comment... look inside the connector and see if a pin is bent over or mangled inside the connector!!!

Ok, so I checked the plugs, no bent pins. Motor seems to be running like a champ. Voltage regulator say 13.65 at an idle but goes down to 13.1 when bringing the rpm's up.
I'm electrically challenged but doesn't that seem backwards!!
I do have an aftermarket halogen headlight, basically a truck fog light and I'm keeping it in the on position so there is a sufficient draw on the voltage I think.

I'm wondering if the motor will still run and the light still blink if I might have the pto and mag side plugs backa$$wards??

Any Ideas??
Thanx
-T

Last edited:
T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Anyone??

ok, so i checked the plugs, no bent pins. Motor seems to be running like a champ. Voltage regulator say 13.65 at an idle but goes down to 13.1 when bringing the rpm's up.
I'm electrically challenged but doesn't that seem backwards!!
I do have an aftermarket halogen headlight, basically a truck fog light and i'm keeping it in the on position so there is a sufficient draw on the voltage i think.

I'm wondering if the motor will still run and the light still blink if i might have the pto and mag side plugs backa$$wards??

Any ideas??
Thanx
-t

MH??
Ron??
Anyone??

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
TD.... check out the ground wire on the PTO side inner above the footwell...

Also, check out this post and make sure all of it is dialed in.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73220

Take an ohm reading of each injector and see if they match..
Resistance = 12Ω @ 68_F (20_C)

Lastly, check the wires around the connectors to see if they are damaged in any way.

The harness' on the 900's were pieces of junk for the most part, IMO... check everything carefully.

Did you change the motor out in this sled or the ecu (is the motor and ECU out of the same sled).... the injectors and ECU are color coded and will throw a code if not matched correctly.

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Well after disassembly and reassembly of the whole harness and reinstalling the motor it now blinks continueously. seems to run fine but the check engine light blinks red over and over.

Ideas?

Edit: My bar electronics are not hooked up if that matters.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
how many times is it flashing..i am pretty sure they do not just flash..it will throw a code (# of flashes) i would hook up you bar stuff just incase..no sence searching through everything if its a simple thing like that..

i just installed the engine in mine today..i did a little prayer before i left the garage..will try and fire it monday sometime

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
I guess I will wait till my order from babbits arrives and hook up my new switches.

It does not flash a in pattern of flashes for sure. Tried several restarts and it just goes continuously with no pauses and equal delay between light on and light off. Only counted till about 20 though.

I did start a thread in the 900 forum since there wasn't much action on this thread. Hate to do it but oh well, thats what the forum is for. maybe it will be good enough for an add to the useful links sticky

Premium Features