• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil for a 04 VES 800 ?????????

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Polaris says VES Gold, and I have heard everything from Walmart brand to everything between.

I just bought two gallons of Gold and dont know if I should take it back.

If I belive everything I read http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52811 Synthetic based oils are evil and responsable for engine failures. A few dealers have said the Gold is the best oil to date.

I need more expirence to make a educated decision. I dont know if i should take the gold back and drain out the tank adding a differant oil or what.

D
Dec 3, 2007
Rprecision,
I've been using every oil under the sun from mineral to synthetic in all my rigs and have varying success/failures/opinions on all of them. I did like the "inside" information that indydan gave based on hundreds of cranks he's seen, and I am going to switch to a cheap mineral based oil on my 2008 rig. I think the possible extra exhaust valve cleaning is worth the risk . I do agree with indy that modern synthetics are hell on seals and internal gaskets etc., and that alone is reason enough for me. my .02

Last edited:
S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
You found a gem of a thread. I personally would do exactly what Indy Dan reccommends. I run Polaris Blue but may change if I find something cheaper that I like.

Just my $.02

Premium Features