• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 ve700 rmk 144

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
It helps quite a bit to wake it up, snappy. I think if your going to do all that also invest the money in a good set of heads that are tailored to your elevation.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i believe single pipes for those sled are good for an extra 10-11 ponies or so which is basically all the power difference between a similar year 800 and yur 7 stock for stock. the pipe would probably be the cheaper route to get the bit of extra power. my .02

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
An slp single, airbox kit and reeds will make that much snappier!!! You will notice it on top end as well but the bottom to mid will really come alive. If you are happy with the sled now, but are just looking for alittle more, do this mods and you will be very happy.

W

Wayniac

Nov 26, 2007
sunny Seattle
I have a couple 2004 700RMKs and I put the SLP single, airbox, reeds, gearing on them. They run way better, it will run with a stock 800 no problem. Then I added trail porting, head, and a 159 track and they really rip.

S
Dec 2, 2007
Estevan, SK
Can one Expect much from Pipe, Reeds and big air kit on this sled? or sell and just buy 800

I did this to my 03 700, but also did SLP's cheater head. I wasn't overly impressed but maybe was expecting to much.

Used it for only one ride then traded it for the sled in my sig.

I had the sled well dialed in before and it would basically run with any 800 of the same vintage,so maybe I didn't give it enough time.

I did help, but not what I expected for the investment.

Feb 15, 2008
A slp will really wake it up. Find a good deal in the swapmeet forums for a used slp single instead of paying over $500 for a new one. Then next year go for a 07/08 800/700.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
does putting vforce3 reeds in really make much differance?

Not too much by themselves, but look at it like this - If your spending the money on an airbox mod and a Pipe & Can, Why leave a restriction in the system.

The same can be said for good porting. It's all about a SYSTEM, The airbox mod, and Pipe will not realize their full potential with other restrictions. The more you match all the components the better the system functions.

This is where the experience of good shops like Carls Cycle and SLP come into play. You can spend thousands out of catalogs and without the correct combination and be no better or even worse than stock. SLP has the big block Polaris twins pretty well figured out. Just don't expect big-bore highly tuned results from bolt-on parts.

Premium Features