• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timberlakes canin?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Any of you guys have experience with the Timberlakes cabin area? Looking at buying a cabin in there. I've heard conflicting stories on being able to ride ATV's and sleds out of the top area to the lake creek trail. Anyone know for sure?

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
With Sleds you are good to go, they have a nice well marked trail system that will get you to the play areas.

ATV are a different story. You are confined to the timberlake roads inside the gated community. I believe the north side of the mountain range(lake creek) is off limits to OHV's

U

UtahSnow

Jul 9, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Rich, you do have to trailer your ATV's up to the top to before you can ride them. The road up is market as No OHV......but maybe with the new laws going into effect next month you can plate an ATV????

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Richardo - i looked rel hard in this location for a peice of land to buy last summer, i wanted 3+acres so i could have a decent buffer zone. Understand the church access sled trail is clear on the other side and no where near the enterance, most of those lots are way overpriced (almost 200K for one acre last year). I beleave you cant use the big lake in the development???

- no ATVs or dirtbikes north/west of tower mtn area, they have a sign posted just before you get to tower mtn.
- let me know if you want to go in 1/3 on a cabin/lot....remember Dan? aka freemacZ.....me and him want to go in 1/3 with someone we can trust

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I'm going up tomarrow around lunch to look at a couple cabins. Yes, the ATV law goes into effect nov. 2008, you can street legalize your atv to get to access roads for riding. I know the sled access through the LDS church property has been a problem in recent years but from what I an told there is now an agreement for sled access out the top of timberlakes to the Lake Creek groomed trail. The great thing about Timberlakes is that it is the only cabin subdivision I have found that plows the roads for winter access to cabins.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Not true, Aspen Cove at Scofield also plows for winter access and you have a lake in the summer. No restrictions for ATV or snowmobile as far as I know. In fact, you can access the back side of the lake and hit Skyline drive from there.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
ccpowder: I hear that. I bought a 4 acre lot at Scofield Mt. Estates last year just for that reason. Already have a few cabins done now. Tennis/Basketball with a BBQ Pavilion are done too. As soon as they get a few more cabins done, Carbon County has agreed to plow. http://www.scofieldmountain.com/

madmax: You need to buy as high on the mountain as you can afford. The problem with plowing in TL is that the snow melts fast in the Spring. Sucks to trailer out. Getting out in the Winter is a lot better than it used to be. I remember out running the Sheriff that they used to hire. LOL. Now the Church has agreed to let TL use a specified trail marked with poles.

Last edited:

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Last year in timberlakes you had to have a permit to use the access trail out of the subdivision. Difficult to find the guy to buy it from. Was a pain if your buddies are coming up for a weekend of riding.

I'd like to hear more about the riding near scofield. I'm interested in Timberlakes, but the prices are a bit high.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I've had a couple poeple PM me with interest in a TL cabin to share. May not be a bad idea. If you are interested PM me. I like TL because from my house in draper I can be there in a little less than 1 hour. Roads are plowed all winter and its only 15 min from all services in Heber. i dont know too much about scofield, my have to look there.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
I've had a couple poeple PM me with interest in a TL cabin to share. May not be a bad idea. If you are interested PM me. I like TL because from my house in draper I can be there in a little less than 1 hour. Roads are plowed all winter and its only 15 min from all services in Heber. i dont know too much about scofield, my have to look there.

PM sent, you still have my number?

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Scofield is about 1.5 hours from SLC. You get there by going up Spanish Fork Canyon, turn off just past Soldier Summit. I have a cabin there, been going there all my life. There is a lake, good fishing and recreation.

There are multiple ways of accessing Skyline Drive from there. Riding is great, only 20-30 mile ride to Fairview.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Scofield is about 1.5 hours from SLC. You get there by going up Spanish Fork Canyon, turn off just past Soldier Summit. I have a cabin there, been going there all my life. There is a lake, good fishing and recreation.

There are multiple ways of accessing Skyline Drive from there. Riding is great, only 20-30 mile ride to Fairview.

ccpowder -This thread has me thinking of getting some cabin property near Scofield. How is sledding at soldier summit? As you know the area would you consider a cabin at soldier summit or closer to the lake. Looking at land available, there is soldier summit subdivision or scofield mountian. My wife likes soldier summit as there are more trees, but I'd love to be able to have great riding from the cabin. Any input would be great. We might take a drive up this weekend to see the places.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
We use the lake, so I like being close to the lake. As for the riding, great riding from either. From Soldier Summit, you can ride north to Strawberry, south to Scofield and Skyline or East to White River. If you get high enough up the hill in Scofield Mountain, you should get some trees. Aspen Cove is more quakes.

Premium Features