• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anchorage Snowmobile Club

Dec 3, 2007
Everyone on here should join the Anchorage Snowmobile Club- or your local club. There are lots of reasons- but the most important is they do a great job of protecting out riding areas. The more members they have the more clout with the Forset Service etc.
It is also a good place to meet other riders- both novice and very experienced. Hate to admit it, but the group is getting older every year and some young blood is need! They meet 3rd Wednesday of each month,
September through March at the IBEW meeting hall at 3333 Denali Street. They have a web site, www.anchoragesnowmobileclub.com and if any one can link it on here that would be great.

Dec 3, 2007
Swap Meet

Almost forgot- ASC has their swap meet this Saturday at Ben Boeke (not at Enstar)...in conjunction with the winter sports show. Free , and if you got something to sell a booth is like $20 bucks.

S

SnowFlinger

Jan 9, 2008
Anchorage
www.myspace.com
Is the swap this weekend already? Be sure to bring those mod parts that didn't work out for you. I also will join ASC again. I forgot about the clout they have with the National Forest Service.

Dec 3, 2007
Cost $25 / $35

hmm ill bite. how much to sign up for ASC?

$25 for an individual, $35 for the whole family.

Come to the meetings and you can ussually win back something at the doorprize thingy.

Also includes membership with Alaska State Snowmobile Mag. and there newspaper.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
I have been a member for four years now - haven't been to a meeting in a LONG time but think it is still good to be a member of any association that protects our riding areas. They also to organized group rides if anyone is ever interested.

B
Nov 26, 2007
hey jen do they do any days where you just go slay chutes and hills. or is it like a Trail ride thing?

I Wouldent mind Riding with some ppl. But i really hate trail's.

P
Nov 28, 2007
There group rides vary. If you ride with the group, you will realize that some rides are easier than others, but the group will stop at hill climbs and play areas that people want to tear up while the rest watch and take a break. A new ride that I heard of this year is a dual ride level category. You want to take your wife, she can ride the easy 60 mile trail to the McDougall lodge. You want to tear it up, go on the 150 mile trip to the same lodge, but much more technical and faster pace. This club has fought very hard to keep the areas open, open more trails, and groom the petersville road. Many trail clearing parties and many relationships with the park service. At the octane and oxygen show this weekend, stop on by and talk to those people and try to join. 35 bucks is nothing to keep your sport open and have one unified voice.

A
Jun 8, 2008
And if youre hesitant to spend 25 bucks on the membership you will more than likely win it back in the door prizes they have. I joined last year and I have won a nice set of heavy duty ratchet straps and a $25 gas card. It's a good club but I cant speak about the rides cuz I still havent gone on one. Just my 2 cents.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
ASC builds a ride schedule and posts it on the website www.anchoragesnowmobileclub.com

The rides are broken down into 3 categories: Family, Intermediate, Advanced

Family rides are trail rides and usually not too strenuous, but as already said if the group get's close to a place to play the more aggressive rider can peel off nad tear it up for a while. Many of the rides go to a lodge for lunch and warming up.

Intermediate rides are usually longer trail rides to a specific destination, often for overnight. The pace is faster and some technical riding is usually required.

Advanced rides are just that. Usually the mountain sled contingent getting together for some group stuck. The club uses Advanced rides to check out new destinations so any new exploration is called an advanced ride since we often don't know what to expect. For instance last year we went from Eureka to Maclaren via Lake Louise and over the Alphabet Hills. It was strenuous but still fun and had there been more snow it would have been awesome.

I second the call for new blood. I'm in my early 40's and not in the older half of the membership.

A

AKHark

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 19, 2008
Anchorage
Hey Spindrifter im 17 and im about to join so I can be the new blood. I ride with Earl Boone sometimes im sure you know him, hope to get out and ride with you guys a bunch this year.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Welcome Hark!
Earl pretty good for an older guy. You can try and keep up with Bill. He's about the most talented mountain rider in the club (he's easy to spot--he's the guy who skis hardly ever touch the snow.

Premium Features