• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQ oil question

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Pretty much any 2 stroke synthetic will work.

I have used VES GOLD , Amsoil , Redline , Klotz , Yamaha, Castrol , Mobil , and Motul.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Whats the best oil to run in a 08 D7 with SLP twin pipes, SLP porting and low compression head?
UH OH here we go again...this is a dead horse that has been beaten to death again and again on every powersports forum in the world.

Personal perference as long as it meets the standards in your owners manual would be the "safest" answer. Most of the Auto oils have comparison independent tests done on them but smaller companies like many of the high performance sled stuff dont have that info available soo it is best guess. The marketing and smell is soooooooooo important...yep that must be it...thats what my daughter woould say anyway.

Polaris does not make oil nor does Yamaha or others...they only put there specs out for the lowest bidder..same thing with Harley oil as well.

In washington it is important to use sweet smelling stuff like Klotz or Poo oil so the tree huggers will smile as you go by smelling oh so good.

Mopre importantly is your oil ratio....spot check your sled from time to time and keep a chart that shows how much oil you add and how much gas you add at the same time...divide and get the ratio. You have to do it over a couple of weeks in order to get an accurate average...good luck

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Can you run the polaris VES gold in a 03 800 polaris with any problems? Or do i need two types of oil?

Thanks

not only can you, thats what they (polaris) recomends :eek:

off a 04 800

Cabin2008011.jpg

:beer;

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I'm running the Synthetic/Blue blend and will continue to do so, works great at any temp.

Premium Features