• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wanting to beat my buddy

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C
Aug 26, 2008
:beer;I'm fairly new to sledding only been doing it for a year bought a 2008 Dragon 700 and ride with a few guys but The guys *** I want to kick has a 800 Rev he's a real cocky SOB he has been riding for a while longer than I have but were pretty close to the same riding ability I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to give my sled more climbing power such as good weights for clutchin what pipe is best etc I considered turbo but not sure if i want to go that extreme yet :) I ride mainly in th rocky mountains in BC and I'm looking for climbing power more than speed hopefuly some of you polaris experts can help me build a killin machine !

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Talk to Chris, Carls Performance, 208-853-5550, they have some good running 7's.

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
You can also call Highmark Rec too. 208-343-2830. They have some good running sleds too. And, if for some reason you do decide to add a turbo, they're really good to talk to as well.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
if your trying to beat him in powder thats gonna be tough those revs do very well in powder they seem to get on top of the snow better i'm not sure why really but if you want to hand him his hat go to some setup snow and that polaris will keep digging to the top thats what i do on my polaris

ps like they said good clutching seems to be the best improvement for a sled i've ever seen because it all works together bad clutching leads to heat and strain on everything good clutching on the other hand less wear less heat more consistent performance SO CLUTCHING AND VENTS (could have just said that:rolleyes:)

Premium Features