• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP pipe and skinz super q can or HPS can??

A
Aug 9, 2008
I was told that the HPS can and SLP single was the way to go but now i have been told that the Skinz super q can seems to be lighter and give a little more hp... So here we go again... Any comments on the better one of the two? i havent heard of many people running the super q. Yny one got one on with an SLP and how do you like it? thanks for your input

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I ran the SLP last year & liked it. "If" (skeptical here) one of the other cans is better then how can you really tell in the snow-1 HP gain???? Two identical sleds can vary a sled length or two. Also the fuel map changes on the 8's make any testing using the old map obsolete...they ran rich with the original map. SLP is at altitude & uses a dyno so.......what altitude do you ride? Someone else may have a better pipe at sea level.

A
Aug 9, 2008
Im sorry i am talking about the 08 D7. we ride from 4500 all the way up to 11000. thanks for your valued info Ron.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I've run the SLP stuff in the past and it always worked good. Sorry, I have no experience with HPS. Last year I went with the skinz ultra Q on my d8. Fit and finish was superb. And it looked as good after a full season of use as it did when they first put it on.
As far as HP from a silencer..............minimal at best. It is there to silence. And for most of us it drops a good chunk of weight. HP is made in the pipe (well, sort of). Most silencer companies aren't using a dyno to check hp #'s. They are getting those numbers from an equation of X amount of weight loss= Y amount of HP gain. Or more basically, you free up more HP by dropping excess weight. Does that make sense? I'm horrible at trying to explain this. :rolleyes:

A
Aug 9, 2008
makes perfect sense to me. So what i gather is should just go with what i think sounds best and forget the rest?

Premium Features