• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Input/advice needed

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Every year since '02, some of my family from So Cal has made the annual snowmobile trip to this area. When we had the cabin in IP, we would just head up there for 3-4 days. Sold the cabin and now need to rent. Everyone would prefer to rent a cabin closer to SLC. We need 4-5 bedrooms and have to be able to ride right from the cabin. Also, need year round access or sno cat to bring the young ones in. We usually go out in groups according to ability, etc. A few of the adults have only rode about 5 or 6 times in 6 years, they like to take the kids out, etc and only out for a short period a couple times each day. Others are from intermediate to advanced and like boondocking, sidehilling, carving, hills. None of us ride the steep anymore. I have researched and found two areas that might work - Timberlakes and Bear Lake. None of us have ever rode BL, a few of us have been to the Tower area a couple times, but not real familiar with the area and how to ride from TL to the play areas. Please advise what area we could ride right from the cabin, not a long or technical adventure to get to the backcountry, places that have the different terrain as explained above within a relatively easy distance/ride from the cabin. Bear River Lodge is way too expensive compared to what I have found for rent in Timberlakes and Bear Lake. Thanks for all the input.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Timberlakes is a great place to stay with nice larger cabins to rent. Ride stright from the cabins to the hills with many meadows on the way

The trail system is a easy as it gets. takes you right to the play areas with the option of boondocking your way there as well.

Last edited:

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
If I understand from a couple of the PM's that I received, you actually exit Timberlands out the back way and have a shorter cutoff to the Tower area and don't have to go the way of the public parking area. Sweet.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
If I understand from a couple of the PM's that I received, you actually exit Timberlands out the back way and have a shorter cutoff to the Tower area and don't have to go the way of the public parking area. Sweet.

Yep, they have permision to cross Church owned property. Just watch out for Girl Scouts selling cookies.:D

Premium Features