• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Dragon 8 163" has arrived

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
For those that haven't seen one yet, missed the spring show maybe....Just a few pic's showing some of the new features.

Sled is a 2009 Dragon 8 163

DSCN4430.jpg

Good look at the new front stabilizer=no more diving, better manners

DSCN4429.jpg

Protaper bars, nice mounting for switches on the console, new hooks

DSCN4435.jpg

See next post:

Last edited:
R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Cont.

Single ply track, cleats & tips seem firmer.

DSCN4433.jpg

Lots of rail cutaway, hope it's not a snow collector.
Rear wheels are ported

DSCN4431.jpg

Extro driver seems be slightly larger than the 08...don't have an 08 to compare. When the track was loose the track ratcheted during hard braking & some reported ocassional ice build up on the extro in wet snow/freezing conditions.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
great looking sled ron, so what changes do you have planned for it?..like the white but almost think the shiney white on last years rmk's looks better...

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
great looking sled ron, so what changes do you have planned for it?..like the white but almost think the shiney white on last years rmk's looks better...

About the same as last year: VF Reeds, SLP Single, SLP Big Air, Carl's vents-shock tower, both rear, Fox Float2 front, FF2 & Zero track shocks, tall windshield, Lefty Goldfinger, Carl's clutch kit. Maybe Holtz A arms...can't decide. Have to mod my A arm protectors for the new sway bar, remove warning decals, all underhood foam. Adding Powder coated black Better Boards.
Will have Carl's Cycle port the engine too.
May clear coat the hood....waiting to see if I can warm up to the flat white....hoping I can.

Last edited:
R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Oh, you bastard that is my sled. :D;):)
Good for you.

Hope yours comes soon. I lucked out on early delivery...I was the last to check cause I was going to ride my 08 another year.
But keypunch error coded it as Estart,,,first sleds to build . Got it with out Estart but got the first one out the door...
I feel real guilty, ha ha.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Great sled Ron. Looks real good. At least this year you have time to get it set up unlike last year. But still enjoyed them last year even tho they came a lot later. Good to see it come early for a change....:)

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
The best bar set up in the biz just got better. Polaris needs to ditch those drivers though. Replace all that plastic with something similar to Avids or Wahl.

T
Dec 2, 2007
Kent, WA USA
"Good look at the new front stabilizer=no more diving, better manners"

= bull-poo

stab has nothing to do with diving, only resisting roll

=easier to take off!!!!

Take that stab off and make sure the walkers are at the correct pressure and it sidehills much better.:D

I do dig on that new front bumper though

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
The RER button location scares the chit outta me... WAY too easy to accidently hit there. Had issues on my rev more than I cared for... It should be put behind the steering post on the console IMO..

And wow....got warnings? Man, are you sure its safe to drive it!?! lol

Oh, and the sway bar was added?? So 1/2 of the guys will have to remove them? :p

hehe BSing aside, nice sled. :) Pretty impressed w/ all manufactures new iron the last couple years..

Last edited:
Premium Features